Chapter 12

[[[ Note to readers: please tell other black butler fans about my fanfic, I'de really appreciate it so that this story can be very successful and I can be encouraged and inspired as a writer to continue. thank u!]]]

Chapter 12

=============STAR============

Faceless.

Everyone wore masks, masks that were plain white, and ghostly.

You were on the floor, and you couldn't move. Your body was like lead, and you wanted to scream as the masked people above you just stared at you like an experiment.  Unfortunately, you couldn't even make a sound come out of your throat.  Turning your head to the right you saw a man wearing a similar mask, only black, poke out his head from behind the crowd, and push aside the others. He wore a royal blue fancy attire, accompanied with a matching top hat that had a white rose decorated to it. The other people faded into black and this man held his hand out to you.  Suddenly you could move, so you took his hand and stood up.  Humiliated, you realized you were actually naked. Except you were wearing a mask too, something you noticed as the man pulled it off for you. He faced it toward you to show it to you.  It had a grey and white checkered print.

Then, he proceeded to remove his, tossing yours to the ground beneath.

It was Ciel.

He then tossed his to the ground and looked you in the eyes, and smiled, a genuine, real smile that   made you feel warm inside. Then he said something, but no sound came from his lips, and before you could read them he touched your face and all faded into black.

Gasping, you awoke with a start and sat up quickly in the bed.

"You know, they say when someone dreams, that's where their soul settles in their sleep."

Startled, you turned to see Sebastian pouring you a hot cup of tea, and setting down a tray of breakfast.

"Sebastian...thank you, what time is may I ask?" you said, taking the tea and quenching your parched throat. He pulled out his pocket watch and flipped it open, viewing the time. 

"Exactly 2:35pm. You have been asleep since 9pm last night.  The master insisted you rest for twenty-four hours before returning to your duties, and for you to cut back on your habit." He smiled and patted your head. "I must say your rather rebellious for a Phantomhive maid, but then again I think that also makes you quite interesting.  Usually I'de highly disapprove of such an attitude, but still...your work is much more efficient than the other servants."

You nodded, and looked down at what you  were wearing.

'A night gown?'

You fingered the white lace of the satin red gown, stopping abruptly, half afraid you'd rip the delicate material.

'Who dressed me?!'  You thought.

"You may be wondering who dressed you and I assure you it was Mey-Rin," he answered.

You shook you head, bewildered. "Y-you knew..."

"Nothing special. The amusing shock on your face said enough. Now, if you excuse me I'll be heading to the master's study." He then opened the door and stopped, glancing back. "And be careful walking anywhere, you turned your right ankle a bit, but no sprains or broken bones. Rest well," and on that note he left you.

You sighed, and took a bite of french toast. All you remembered from last night was seeing Ciel and Sebastian arrive, and then you started talking...and you blacked out.  You pulled back the covers and looked at your ankle. It was definitely sore, as you observed the slight swelling, and wiggled it resulting in some pain.  You winced, and continued eating your meal as you went into deep thought. 'How did I hurt myself? Dear Lord, I must have been stupid..but Ciel kindly let me come back...I hope he's not bitter...then, that dream...Ciel.....he was so...' Your face turned a deep shade of red as you thought back to your dream, being naked and his warm smile. You squeezed your thighs together anxiously.  You really admired him to be quite honest, and his hospitality towards you was still a wonder.