Chapter 17

Chapter 17

============STAR=========

Alois Trancy's facial  expression changed completely. From a sinister smirk to an innocent smile as you followed him back into the crowded ballroom.  You were surprised by Ciel's lack of real care for your choices.  Or, perhaps it wasn't that he didn't care, but understood your decision.  You didn't bother to look back because it really made you sick to be walking away with your mother's killer. You felt as if you were betraying everyone, even your mother. You walked silently behind him looking at the ground, head hung low.

"Walk beside me." He said quietly without looking back at you.

You cringed and sped up and walked side by side to him, and looked straight at him. "I'm not here for your entertainment or make you happy," you spoke flatly.

He looked at you and smiled as you took a right with him instead of heading back into the corridor.  The maze of bushes went on a little ways and you wondered where he was taking you. 

"Maybe your not here to do so, but you will find that you won't want to leave," he replied, a genuine smile showing his pearly white teeth.  You hated admitting it but he was strikingly gorgeous.

"And what gives you that idea?!" you retorted in the most rebelious voice you could muster.

"You'll see soon enough.  Come this way beautiful," he flirted, motioning to a set of glass and oak wood double doors that were at the east end of the mansion, right from the back enterance.  He even held open the door for you.  

'What a gentleman for an ass,' you thought.

This corridor led down to a fourway hall, Alois Trancy with a skip in his step took a right.  You followed, passing several portraits of the Trancy family.  Then, you stopped abruptly to a painting of a black rose.

That's when you remembered your dream.  The rose looked just like the one in your dream.  It was a hand painted picture, with a black rose standing out and zoomed in on in a field of red roses.

"Hello, love! The stairs up are over here! What are you gawking a--oh.  That.  You always...loved that picture Red-Star."

You jumped when you realized the now soft spoken Trancy was standing next to you, also gazing at the picture. Also, you felt like you were going to have a headache from staring at the damn thing so you shook your head. "Just take me wherever it is your taking me.  And I want that photo!"

Alois smiled and turned around as you followed him up the stairway at the end of the hall.  "So anxious are we?"

You said nothing as he led you up the lit hallway, the sound of the ball dying out.

"This is my study, and down here a couple doors down is my second library...then over here is my room. Enjoying the tour?" he asked. stopping at his bedroom door. You felt uneasy.  Why his room? What the hell was he exactly planning.

He took out a set of keys from his coat and unlocked the door.

You stepped back, unsure.

"I don't bite, at least not near as hard as Ciel, so come in were just going to talk," He said as he held open the door. You gulped and stepped into the violet and dark mahogany room, the walls painted violet like your eyes with deep burgandy curtains and mahogany alpostery. The canopy bed was large with red satin sheets and you hoped he wasn't expecting you to sit on it as he shut the door softly behind you.

"Angus should be bringing tea in soon, along with that ugly picture.  Till then I've got you a present." He said cheerfully as he walked around you and opened up a drawer at his nightstand.  He pulled out a small red box, red that matched your hair.