3. Ten Years.

.......... ...... Present Time.......... ........

August 25th, 2015.

The Crystaline Castle,

The Vampire Realm.

**

Ten years.

It's a long time.

In these ten years, I was suppose to have a normal childhood. I was to have scrapes on my knees from playing outside. I was to celebrate my birthdays with friends and family as I grew older. I was to feel my mother's tenderness and my father's protectiveness. I was to taste different delicious food from different countries. I was to have school teachers who assigned too much homework. I was to have friends who I complained to about the school work. I was to have crushes, who I would have regretted once I grew older. I was to experience my first heartbreak. I was to make mistakes and learn from them. And most of all, I was to be free.

Free from these walls that have been suffocating me more each day ever since I came here. Free from the chains which prevented me from moving too much.

Now, I know you're probably wondering how in the hell did I know of these things when I've never been let out to experience them.

The answer is because of Maria.

Ever since I've been held captive here, Maria is the only one who has been there for me. She was my mother who took care of me. She was my father who told me what's right and what's wrong. She was my sister who shared all the secrets with me. She was my brother who protected me if any of the other maids or guards tried to cause me any harm. She was also the teacher who taught me how to read and write. She was the only warm light in my cold, dark world.

She was just a regular maid in her forties. She had black hair and soft brown eyes, the only eyes which still held love and affection in them.

She was human just like me.

Yes, I found out a long time ago where I was, who these people were. I was surrounded by blood thirsty creatures, Vampires. The idea that Vampires did exist had me on my toes for about a long time, but now, I was so use to talking to Maria about them that it was almost like we were talking about the weather.

I was in the Vampire World, which ran parallel to the human world but still the opposite. It was always cold here, no warmth what so ever. There was no sun here but just a fake image of it to brighten up the day, which I've also been forbidden to see.

I wonder what it would feel like to have the sun rays hit my arm, how it would feel like to throw my head up and smell the fresh air, to feel the gushing wind on my face. What would it feel like to jump over the flowing water of the streams. To lay down on the green grass and look up at the pool of the blue sky and white clouds.

I was brought out of my own little paradise by the noise of keys jingling as if someone was opening the door of the prison I've been locked up in. I looked up to find a new guard I've never seen before walk in and begin unlocking the chains and the hand cuffs on me.

I was both nervous and scared. What's going on? Where's Maria?

The guard pulled me up to a standing position and started leading me out of the prison gate. To the outside world for the first time. I was excited for a moment that I even got goosebumps on my skin, but they soon died down once I realized I was in the Vampire Realm, where there was no traces of good. Where just monstrous things took place.

"W-where a-are you taking me?" I managed to ask.

"It's your eighteenth birthday, and it's also the time for our King to find some answers."