39. Feel Again.

A/N

Hey guys, This chapter might seem a bit confusing at first, just go with the flow, it'll make much more sense at the end ;)

Happy reading!

_________________________________________

"Lying here in dark, the thoughts and

visions of you come the strangest. I

dive into them, always, in hope it'll fuel
a dream...

A chance to be with you."

_________________________________________

The King's bedroom,

Crystalline Castle.

**

~~~~~~~~~Damien's POV ~~~~~~~~~~

Two days.

That's how long it's been since Alexis got stabbed. The scariest part was that she still hasn't come back to consciousness. Two days since my birthday, after this, I don't think I'll ever be able to celebrate the day in peace.

I continued to ignore the pain in my chest as much as possible. I've never felt anything like this before. I felt like my own life was sliping away from me. Even thought I was already dead, I felt like I was dying all over again.

I hate feeling again.

I silently begged her through my eyes to come back, like I had been doing for the past two days. But I received the same response, nothing. I had barely left her side, much to my kingdom's dismay. My subjects have been complaining, but it was impossible for me to focus on anything but her well being. My mind was clouded with her memories, they kept playing themselves over and over again, sometimes making me feel guilty for treating her the way I did.

I was such a douche to her, she didn't deserve that hostility. And for what? Just because I was feeling insecure about my power, was that it?

At the moment, nothing seemed more important than her. I know I sounded like an emotional mess, but I didn't care anymore if I came off as weak. For her, I was more than willing to drop my high reputation just so I could see her smile again.

Yesterday, I had given her my blood to help her heal faster. But the doctor simply said that her body was resisting it. Which was very strange because when a vampire gives a human their blood, it's powerful enough to completely take over the human body, it's easy to mingle. But in this case, she wasn't letting me help at all. Did she just grow this hatred towards me recently or was it buried inside her since the very start?

I mentally laughed at myself, was that even a question? The real question here was how could this human be strong enough to deny me?

I was feeling more restless and helpless as the clock ticked away. It was taking every nerve in my body to stop myself from shaking her and yelling at her to wake the fuck up.Couldn't she see her life wasn't just her own anymore? How could she just walk into my life like that, turn everything upside down, and then leave me to pick up the mess I had become?

I was used to getting anything I desired. Never did I ever beg for things. I've grown up to hate it when others begged, even if it was for their life. But here I was, so close to getting on my knees and beg for her to come back if need be.

"My king," the guard who was in charge of finding Katrina suddenly called me through mind link.

"Yes?"