24. Royal Ball.

"In this room full of paintings, she's the only masterpiece I can't stop staring at."

_________________________________________

The King's bedroom,

Crystalline Castle.

**

"Alexis! Alexis!"

I turned around in the middle of closing the balcony curtains as I heard Emma's excitement filled voice. I haven't seen her in these past few days, in fact, I haven't talked to anyone besides Maria for a couple of days now. After that small peaceful moment the King and I shared together, he has been avoiding me like the plague. He seemed to be working hard during the day, never visiting his room. Late at night, I would somehow feel his presence, as he teleported into the room. I always pretended to be asleep by that time, only opening my eyes to watch him move his fingers on the laptop. Around 11 o' clock at night, he would be on his bed, glued to his laptop till God knows how long. The way his eyebrows frowned and his eyes concentrated, I knew he was resuming his work.

That's how my nights were spent, without any sort of acknowledgment between us.

I was still debating on if that's a good thing, or a bad thing.

I was brought out of my thoughts as a very familiar, cheerful Emma barged into my- the King's room.

Her eyes spotted me from across the room, and she ran towards me. I stood there confused as her hands took a hold on my own while she swirled us around. It seemed as though the room was spinning with us as we moved in circles.

My giggles mixed with hers as she finally came to a stop, but her hands remained on my shoulders.

"Guess what?" She smiled.

"Uh... What?"

"I have a great news, go on, guess!"

"The King is setting me free?"

I mean what news can be greater than that for me?

Emma's happy mood turned upside down as she looked at me sadly, "No, sorry. Not that."

"Then what is it?"

"I convinced my brother to take you to the Royal Ball!"

My eyes widened, "you what?"

"You. Are. Going. To. The. Royal. Ball. It's being held at an another Kingdom. It takes place every year, each Kingdom takes turn to make it a memorable night. This year, it's Snowvale's turn."

I forgot how to breathe as her words slowly registered in my mind.

"Why?! A Royal Ball? Are you trying to get me killed? I won't last a minute in there, surrounded by blood thirty Vampires."

"Don't worry, Damien is going to be there. He won't let anything bad happen to you." Emma tried to explain.

I laughed humorlessly, "Don't you know your brother? He doesn't care about me. He will probably enjoy my suffering."

Emma shook her head,"That's what you think, Alexis. Trust me, you won't regret going."

Why did her eyes glowed like she knew something I didn't. I mentally shook my head to clear my thoughts. I was probably just thinking too much about this.

"Look on the bright side, you will get to go out of this castle, meet new people. Vampires outside of our Kingdom doesn't know about the prophecy, so they won't have a reason to treat you badly. To them, you will just be a regular human girl who charmed the King into taking her to the ball as his date."