35. More Mysteries.

"Maybe one day we'll find that place where you and I could be together. And we'll catch our dreams within the waves of change. So smile for me one last time and believe that we'll meet again."

-r.m drake

_________________________________________

The Locked Room,

Crystalline Castle.

**

The moment Damien pushed open the enormous set of doors, I was blinded by a white light. It wasn't just some light coming from a candle or a bulb. It was much more bright that I was prevented from seeing anything else around me. I placed my hand in front of me as if that will block it.

It took less than five seconds for the brightness to fade away until there was absolutely no hint of light left in the dark night. One second it was bright to the point of blindness, and the next, complete darkness.

Even the candles placed in the hallways went out as a cool breeze passed by.

Right when I felt Damien grab my left hand, the flute started playing again.

"Please don't say something stupid like who's there. " He warned me, his voice ringing through the music.

He took a step forward, never letting go of my hand. I soon followed his steps, pushing back the fear which was slowly rising in me.

I felt a sudden change in the atmosphere as my feet reached past the threshold of the door. It felt like I had left behind the world I grew up in, entering a completely different one. The room was all dark so I couldn't make out a single object placed in there. But right when we were both completely in the room, the candles starting to light up, one at a time. The one close to me magically lit up, then the second, then the third, the pattern continued until the room was bright enough to make out the wall designs and furnitures placed neatly in the room.

The place was huge, it was bigger than I imagined it. I wasn't quite sure what I imagined to be in this room, but what I saw before me was beyond beautiful.

The floor was hiding under the carpet with red designs on it that reached every corner of the room. Across from me, there were windows that covered the entire wall. Moonlight stretched out from them, visibly kissing the floor. A small doorknob notified me that's where the exit to the balcony was. The room was adorned with draped clinging to the frames of the windows.

Even though this room has probably been locked up for years, there was surprisingly no dust in sight. The place looked untouched, yet so lively, as if someone had just spent hours cleaning it.

The ceiling had molding that was emaculate and rarely seen in other parts of the castle. It was beautiful, grand, and ancient, all at the same time.

A love seat occupied the space beside me, with a golden coffee table that reflected the moonlight.

As we slowly walked further into the room, I noticed the two single sofa chairs pushed against the wall. They both had a crown shaped back, indicating they was meant for none other than the king and queen themselves.

My eyes hungrily took in every inch of the breathtaking place. The strange thing about the square bed was that it had a support at both ends. There was a tall mirror located in the far left corner, the room was too dimly let for me to see my reflection.

The sound of flute surrounded us, picking up its pace. But we couldn't find the source of the music. There wasn't anyone in the room, then who was playing the flute?

Suddenly I heard laughter.

It wasn't a scary sound which I expected, the soft laughter belonged to a girl.