42. One Last Time.

"The best person in your life is the one who comes to your mind when you read this."

______________________________________

***********Alexis' POV************

I followed the guard closely as he led me up the stairs and down various hallways, with each step becoming harder to take. The guilt of two brothers fighting over me tonight slowly started to eat my insides. No matter who wins, either way it's bound to be a loss. If Damien wins, he'll lose his brother he grew up with forever, and if Valentino wins, the kingdom will lose one of the greatest Kings who had run it. Why should all those people suffer because of something happened to me?

I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't notice when a fist collided with the guards jaw and he was knocked out on the floor in seconds. I looked up to see who had punched him, it was none other than Valentino, Damien's brother himself.

The man who tried to kill me.

The man who probably won't hesitate to do it again.

My eyes widened as I realized the danger I was suddenly in. There were no emotions on his face though, he just gave me a blank stare. Finally coming to my senses, I tried to make a run for it. Key word, tried.

I wasn't even five feet away from him before he had me trapped against the wall, with his body covering mine. I pushed myself further into the wall, only to feel the photo frame digging into the top part of my back.

"Let me go, please," I whispered, but my begging seemed to have no effect on him as he just continued to look at me, his eyes now filled with determination.

"Help! Someo-" I was cut off when he placed a hand over my mouth, making my heartbeat increase drastically in fear.

"I mean no harm, I just came here to talk,"

To talk? How did he expect me to believe a word he said when he stabbed me merciless not so long ago?

I silently prayed someone would come save me from this monster, I closed my eyes and tried to reach Damien, if he was really my mate, shouldn't he be able to sense that I'm in danger?

Damien, please save me.

Suddenly, Valentino grabbed my arm and pushed me inside a room next to us, closing the door when he was inside as well.

"I won't fight and kill Damien tonight if you just hear me out!"

That seemed to get my attention and I wasn't trying to get past him to open the door anymore.

"What?" I asked him, confused as hell.

"I'm here to tell you exactly why I tried to kill you-"

"I know that already, because I'm Damien's mate. You wanted to finish me off so that without me, Damien would be an easy target for you."

He simply shook his head, "No. The prophecy Destiny told Damien years ago, it's real. But you see, there's a slight twist to it. You're not just bound to be Damien's destruction, you have the power to destroy the whole damn Vampire realm."

I laughed at how pathetic he sounded, here we go again with the whole prophecy thing, they just never seem to leave me alone, do they?

Valentino continued, "I'm serious, there's something dark within you that I wanted to finish off by killing you, before you kill off each and every one of us! Realizing Damien wasn't gonna be much help because he decided to spare your life, Destiny and I came together to get the situation under our control. You don't know shit, Alexis. You have no idea how much stronger you're getting the longer you stay in our world. There's people out there who are willing to sacrifice their everything just to get you under their control. They want to use you as a weapon to their own means. But I won't let that happen, so I'm giving you two options. One, you leave this place and Damien alone, go back to wherever the hell you came from. I'll spare Damien's life and go run another kingdom with my mate. Or two, stay here and witness Damien getting killed by my hands tonight. Belive me, I've figured out the way to kill off his vampire side without using you as a weapon this time. That way, when I do kill Damien, you'll be as good as dead too without your mate. If you don't die completely, which is a possibility because you're not a vampire yet, you'll definitely become weak, you won't be a harm to us anymore. So whatever you choose, I'll win either way. Option one will secure the Vampire world and option two will grant me the throne of this kingdom. It's up to you how you want to make me win."