25. Unexpected.

"Every inch of your skin is a holly grail I've got to find.

Only you can set my heart on fire, on fire."

-Ellie Goulding (love me like you do)

________________________________________

In a dark hallway,

Snowvalle Ballroom.

**

My breathe was knocked out of me as his lips captured mine, sealing my mouth shut. The small movement blocked my words or I was going to yell at him some more.

I forgot everything. I forgot we needed oxygen to survive. I forgot all about my surroundings. It's didn't matter we were in a hall where anyone could pass by any given second. The loud music got shunned until it was a mere background noise.

My heart accelerated in a loud beating rhythm. That was all I could hear, along with our mixing breaths. I could feel him inhale as I exhaled, like I could feel myself inhale as he exhaled. It was like we only wanted to breath each other in, anything else felt like poison.

All I could think about was him, all I could hear was him, all I could feel was him.

And as his lips crashed with mine in a passionate way, all I wanted to taste was him, too. His kiss caught me off guard, I stood there unmoving as he moved his lips on mine. A gasp escaped my mouth as my lips parted. He took advantage of that as he gently bit onto my lower lip, leaving my body to feel dizzy.

He pushed me back until I was trapped between his body and the wall, leaving no space between us. I couldn't tell where I ended and he began, our bodies glued together, forming one.

His hand took a hold of my jaw rather harshly, tilting my face up. His kiss wasn't gentle. It was filled with all the anger and frustration he felt towards me. He put each and every negative emotion he felt towards me in that one kiss. But it also had a sudden urgency to it, like he couldn't get enough of me.

Finally coming to my senses, I realized I couldn't just stand there like a statue. I thought about pushing him away. But for some reason, my hands wouldn't cooperate. My mind wanted me to run away from him and hide, while my heart... My heart wanted to be as close to him as possible. Overcoming the shock, I started to slowly move my lips in sync with his. I didn't know how to kiss so I just payed close attention and followed his actions.

His right hand ran down my naked shoulder and arm, leaving behind a trail of fire. He squeezed my waist, bringing it closer to him. He kissed me roughly with anger. I was tired of him pushing me around, so I kissed him more roughly. I fisted my hand in his hair, pulling rather harshly. It was almost like we were having a competition.

I took my revenge and bit onto his lower lip, too. I was rewarded with a surprising groan. My closed eyes made me get so lost into the kiss that a moan I was holding back escaped from my lips.

That sound was like an alarm for him.

He pushed himself away from me in less than a second. He took a step back until we weren't physically touching each other, but I could still feel his hands on me. I could still feel his lips on mine.

His hair was sticking in different directions, my fingers doing. Those familiar golden eyes blinked and turned back to black. He bit his lower lip and took a big breath in like he couldn't breathe either. His black tie was loose around his neck while his shirt was wrinkled like someone was squeezing it.

He looked like a mess, but a hot mess.

I can't be thinking about him like this. This is wrong, even though it felt anything but wrong. I can't be doing this.

"I can't do this." He took the words right out of my mouth.

His troubled eyes looked at the floor as he ran a hand through his already messed up hair. He took a few more steps away from me. It felt like he was stomping on my heart. It felt like my heart broke more with each step he took away from me.

He didn't think I was worth kissing. He didn't like kissing me.

Why would he? Why would he want to kiss a person who has no clue about these kind of things? I don't blame him for thinking I'm not good enough.

My mind drifted off to the women in the Ballroom. They were far more prettier and experienced than me, like that girl who the king danced with. There wasn't even a comparison between us, of course he would pick her for everything. He's probably walking away to go find her again.

I hated the fact that thinking about it brought tears to my eyes. I hated crying over something so foolish. Of course I will never be one of those girls he finds attractive. One of those girls he laughs or dances with.

I will never be one of them.

**

**

**

**

**

**

**

**

**

____________TWO DAYS LATER________

In the dining hall,

Crystalline Castle.

**

"Stop!" Eric's protests could be heard all around the kitchen as Emma and I walked towards him with tomatoes in our hands. An evil smile was plastered on our faces as we watched his horrified look.

Emma laughed and right when we were about to squeeze the tomato onto his face, he disappeared. My eyes widen in shock as I remembered about Vampires teleporting. A laughter was heard from behind us as we quickly turned around.

Let me rewind. A few minutes ago Emma, Eric, and I were sitting on the dining table eating spaghetti. I was telling them about how I met King Nicholas at the ball, but then Eric brought up his sister and said something like she was really hot.

Right when he said that, Emma's fork flew out of her hands, aiming for the poor guy's face. Thanks to his Vampire speed, he dodged it but his hand accidentally knocked off the plate of spaghetti in front of him. The food ended up falling on his pants, ruining his clothes. The incident made Emma laugh like there's no tomorrow. To shut her up, Eric grabbed a handful of spaghetti and threw it at her face. At that point, I was debating on whether I should take that as my cue to leave or just sit there in shock, I chose the latter.

The shriek Emma let out made me chuckle a little, and that's how I ended up getting that spaghetti in my hair. That's also how a food fight broke out between us and we ran in different directions to find food to throw at each other.

As we turned around after hearing his laugh, a hand rubbed my face, smudging what seemed like Nutella all over my face. I looked to my left to find Emma in the same state.

"Eric! I'm gonna kill you, asshole!" Emma ran towards the fridge and took a hold of the egg carton.

"Aww, with eggs?" Eric was just pushing it.

Right when the first egg collided with his chest, a horrifying scream broke out through the castle.

But it wasn't Eric's, the scream came from downstairs. I dropped the syrup bottle in my hands and made a run towards where the sound came from, leaving behind Emma and Eric as they called my name.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

**********************************

-J.S