38. Day And Night.

A/N, the song is for the last part of the chapter, I'll tell you when to play it ;)

"We are all in the same game, just different levels.

Dealing with the same hell, just different devils."

_________________________________________

~~~~~~~~~Unknown's POV ~~~~~~~~

A scream.

A scream pierced through the night sky. Even though I was in the crowded ballroom, the sound stood out in the mist of the loud music. As I quickly scanned the room filled with Vampires who seemed to be enjoying themselves, I didn't find the source of the sound. Not only that, but I noticed nobody else was affected by the scream, or they just didn't hear it at all.

Narrowing my eyes as I concentrated harder, I realized the noise came from the outside.

From the terrace.

To find out what was going on, I closed my eyes to teleport at the tallest part of the castle.

When my eyes opened again, the scene infront of me sent a shiver through my spine as bewildereness clouded my mind. A man stood at the edge of the terrace, looking down. Dressed in a black suit, his posture was stone like, rigid. But before I could try to see who it was, the horrifying scream once again stole my attention. This time it was lower.

Someone was falling.

Wait, I know that voice.

Alexis.

Without wasting a second more, I ran faster than the wind, towards the edge of the building. My feet didn't stop when they reached the end of concrete, and my body fell forward towards the ground as a result. My wings, as if they had a mind of their own, appeared on my back.

So much was happening in so little time, that my mind could barely grasp what was going on. But there was one thought that stood out, as clear as the day.

I have to save her.

My eyes made contact with her relaxed face, which scared me. Her hair was flying all around her as she got closer to the ground, but unfortunately her body wasn't flying. It was just falling, lifelessly. I was thankful that my wings provided that slight push I needed to reach the ground before she did.

It hurt when one of my feet and a knee made contact with the ground floor, but the pain was soon forgotten the moment Alexis fell in my outstretched arms.

Had I not been there to cushion the fall, she would have lost even the slightest bit of life left in her.

"Alexis!" I finally found my voice.

"Alexis, wake up! Open your eyes, look at me. I order you to get up, dammit!"

I shook her, yelled at her, I tried everything I could to get any sort of reaction, any sort of movement from her. But she didn't open her eyes. And then for the first time ever, there was an emotion in my empty heart. I felt something I never knew I could feel anymore.

Fear.

The smell of her blood was stronger than ever, making me check her for wounds. I retrieved my hand from her body, only to notice it was stained red. The front part of her dress was darker than the rest, and wet.

She was stabbed in the stomach.

The color red blinded my vision, as my anger reached its peak. I was feeling thirsty, thirsty for the blood of the person who did this to her. I quickly mind linked my best runner guards to catch the man on the terrace, and to block everyone from exiting the castle ground. I also ordered the patrol to spread the blocking powder around the castle, the powder that will prevent any Vampire from teleporting in and out of this place.