31. Past (part 2)

A/N

Just to clear it up-

King Issac - Damien's father

King Elias - Damien's grandfather

Melinda- A witch who's like a mother to Damien.

________________________________________

"He never seemed shattered. To me, he was a breathtaking mosaic of the battles he's won."

_________________________________________

A guest bedroom,

Crystalline Castle.

**

**********Flashback over *********

Alexis's POV ~~~~~~~~~~~

A devastated looking Damien snapped back to reality as I placed a comforting hand on his arm. Even though he was here with me, it seemed like he was living through that time frame all over again, his black eyes experiencing those emotions once again. However, when they met mine, the vulnerability in them evaporated away, the only thing visible in them then was anger.

"She told them," he said with so much hatred which was directed at that witch, "She told them everything, over exaggeratingly, I must say. I couldn't break that barrier around me or I would have been able to stop her from leaving that room. I couldn't communicate, I couldn't do anything. I had never felt so helpless in my entire existence than I felt as that time. What happened after that is something I would rather erase completely from my memory if I get the chance. She turned them against me, the people who I thought was my family. My subjects, my councils, servants, everyone loathed me."

Damien was pacing around the room, as if trying to hide how much the thought effected him. He wasn't used to showing his feelings, he wasn't used to being weak as his father had said. I wanted to mention how he could trust me on this. How he didn't have to act like a stranger around me. I wanted to tell him it's okay to be hurting, but no words seemed to leave my mouth.

"She ran out crying that her husband betrayed her. She told them I hid my true identity from her, if she had known what I really was she would have never fallen in love with me, shit like that. She told them it was me who killed my father, and how foolish they were to believe her. They chained me up. Right in front of the castle, there's a stage where the past King's gave their speeches. But after that day, the only noise that was heard around the area were my screams. Katrina told them that not only did I betray her, but also the entire Kingdom. She opened the floor for any volunteers who wanted to cause me pain. You have no idea how crazy this half of my spieces can be. They knew I wouldn't die but that didn't stop them from torturing me. The first punishment they gave me was setting my clothes on fire. It couldn't kill me, but that doesn't mean it didn't hurt like Hell. I still remember the laughter around me, the smell of smoke that surrounded me. Everytime I thought this was the end of me, the bitch called reality would bring me back to her right before I felt unconsciousness overtaking me. That was the first time I called out to her. My mom. That was the first time I wanted to relive the sweet memories of her, first time I forgot my hatred towards her. But it didn't stop there, they--"

He cut himself off before he could speak another word, as he finally turned around to look at me. To look at the mess I had become as I prevented myself from crying. I didn't know there were bigger monsters than him out there, who held a thirst for his blood. The thought made me want to somehow hide him from this cruel world and protect him. But then I wanted to laugh at myself when I realized how stupid that sounded.