40. Why Does It Hurt?

(A/N - Song above for the second half of the chapter ;)

"I could've seen this coming right from the start

You should beware, beware, beware

Of a woman with a broken heart."

-Beware by Big Sean.

______________________________________

A day later..

~~~~~~~~~~Damien's POV~~~~~~~~~

"Look who's finally awake," I said, sarcastically, as the girl's eyes fluttered open to meet mine. Fear immediately shot through them, but it didn't take long for her to return to her calm state.

"Welcome to the loving dungeons of the Crystalline Castle, Destiny," I gestured to the plain walls of the small room we were in, "your sister is thrilled to have you here."

She turned her head to the side to find a smirking Katrina present.

I had never felt more proud of my men than I was in this situation, with both of the culprit witches tied up. One of them might be the reason Alexis was fighting death, that thought alone was enough to make my blood boil.

Destiny started thrashing in the seat, trying to pry the ropes off her. Her body wasn't the only thing moving, her mouth started to shoot questions at me too, "Why am I here, Dami-- I mean, your majesty?"

"You know the answer damn well, Destiny. I'm sorry we had to meet this way after... What, ten years? But you brought this upon yourself because of your evil tricks," I said, all the while glaring at her, "That prophecy was never meant to come true, was it? You tricked me into believing Alexis was a threat to me, just so I would--"

"You think I wanted to do any of that? I never wanted to tell you only half of the prophecy, she made me do it!" Destiny pointed an accused figure at Katrina.

"What's the other half of the prophecy?"

Secrets were being kept from me, and my fingers iched to dig them out. Hell it felt like everybody was plotting against me. I didn't know who to believe and who to not believe. Why did I feel like these sisters were just trying to confuse me?

"Never mind that, I don't wanna know. It'll probably be another lie anyway. You know what? I've come to a solution to this problem. Since it looks like you both are going to be pointing fingers at each other for eternity, I might as well kill you both. I want to be able to sleep peacefully tonight, knowing that the one who tried to kill Alexis is six feet under, dead."

Adjusting the knife in my hand, I walked closer to Destiny.

"Katrina is only doing this to get me out of her way!" that left me confused, once again.

"What do you mean?" I narrowed my eyes at her, tired of the sisters' bullshit.

"She wants you to kill me because she's in love with my mate."

What?

It was now Katrina's turn to defend herself, "That's not true Damien! Wait... It is, but he's my mate, for God's sake! She's accusing me of her dirty deeds so that she can have him. She's the one who wants to throw me out of her way."

I let out a chuckle," oh, this is great. I didn't know two sisters being in love with the same guy drama was involved in this as well. Just when I thought I've had enough of your lies, you pull this stunt on me. Katrina, if he's your mate, then I'm sorry for your loss."

I turned toward Destiny, "and if he's yours, then I'm sorry for your loss. There, you guys received that pity glance you were aiming for. But now, without further delay, let me just finish you both off."