Chapter 2: De Nile

Chapter 2: De Nile

We all stood on a blue team color mat. Chris rang a gong as he was being carried once again on a person. Another intern was waving him with a giant leaf as Chris got to relax with delicate dining of grapes at his lap.

"I don't know about you guys but I am loving Egypt," Chris said. "And I am going to love it even more when I watch you all do your second challenge! The camel race!"

"Chris, where are the other camels?" Harold asked.

"There are no other camels. It's a camel race, not a camels race." Chris said.

"We won last time, but they get a camel? They get a goat and we get a stick?" Leshawna said.

"Each reward has its advantages, trust me." Chris said.

/"Ha ha ha! Trust him? Why the hell would we trust Chris? He's the one that got us into this burning land!" I looked around ashamed of my words. "No offense to the Egyptians, I mean."/

"You'll be racing the world's most infamous water way. The Nile. Teams must brings their rewards all the way to the finish." Chris said. "You have sixty seconds to strategize."

I looked at all my teammates. Owen, Noah, Alejandro, Sierra, Tyler, and me. Not the brightest, but it'll do.

"We need no camel, we have each other." Alejandro said as he shoot me a wink causing me to blush. "And we are unstoppable. We have the will, and the strength, and together we will triumph!"

"Yeah!" said Owen and Tyler.

"Alright!" Noah cheered. Sierra looked displeased.

"I'm in!" I said. Everyone had gotten onto the goat except Alejandro and me.

"This is so cool, Ale-handout, or Ale-kazam." Owen said. "Ah, I'm just gonna call you Al, okay? Go, Al!"

"Yeah, this is going to work." said Noah sarcastically.

"Have faith, Noah. Believe in us." Alejandro said.  He just picked me up as he jumped onto Owen. We were completely balanced. I was sitting comfortably on Ally's shoulders at the tippy top.

"Whoa! We're perfectly balanced!" Tyler said.

"Okay, color me impressed." Noah said.

"Light! Nile's that way! Kinda big, blue, and watery." Chris said. "Can't miss it. I guess you can, but then you'd die, probably get killed by the local scarab beetles. It's mating season and they get all killy when they're in heat!"

"I'm glad there aren't any around here. Those things are nasty!" Leshawna said.

"I'll tell them you said so," said Chef as Chef knocked over a large vase full of scarab beetles that scattered the sand. Everyone started squealing and running around. Then, the music bell rang. Ugh, you've got to be kidding me.

"Ooh, time for another song. Think of it as a mini challenge. Music can soothe the mate seeking of the scared, so make up a good song and maybe they won't kill ya or don't get disqualified like Duncan." Chris said.

Alejandro: No need to get crazy. It's lovin' time at last!
Cody, Noah, Tyler, DJ, and Alejandro:You don't wanna eat us up.
Owen: We're mostly full of gas. No, no!
Gwen, Courtney, and Heather: It's mating time for scarabs.
Leshawna: So, what'cha waiting on?
Izzy: Just ignore us humans!
Cody: Oooooh.
Everyone (except Ezekiel): And make out till the break of dawn!
Alejandro and Cody: It's lovin' time.
Gwen, Courtney, and Heather: Lovin' time, lovin' time...
Alejandro: Scarab mating season.
Alejandro and Cody: It's lovin' time
Gwen, Courtney, and Heather: Lovin' time, lovin' time...
Alejandro: Scarabs, get busy now...
Harold: It's lovin' time.
Gwen, Courtney, and Heather: Lovin' time, lovin' time...
Everyone (except Ezekiel, Gwen, Courtney, and Heather): Scarab mating season.
Cody: It's lovin' time.
Gwen, Courtney, and Heather: Lovin' time, lovin' time...
Everyone (except Ezekiel, Gwen, Courtney, and Heather): Scarab mating season!
Ezekiel: Seasonal, eh!? Whoa, no wait!