Chapter 22

Evanna's POV 

My stomach lurched unpleasantly and I sat up and checked the time 03:00am. I tried to ignore the lurch and began to lie back down again when an even more violent pang swelled up inside me. I tripped on my way to the bathroom and fumbled with the door to lock it behind me. The room was far too small, the white walls were pressing in on me and I could feel the floor moving under my feet. I was tilting, falling sideways....

Something woke me up. My face was squished against the cold floor. I waited for the the flying sensation to pass before beginning to push myself up. There was another bang. That must have been what woke me up in the first place. Another bang. Go away. 

"Evanna! Ev!" Someone called from the other side of the door and I jumped at the familiar voice "EVANNA?!"  

Nathan. Guilt shot through me. How long had he been out there while I had been lying passed out on the bathroom floor? 

I pulled open the door to see Nathan wearing flannel pyjama trousers and he seemed to have pulled a baggy grey top on too. His hair was sticking right on end and I noticed a tear on his cheek. He wrapped his arms around me in an instant, tightly. I patted him lightly on the back. The last thing I needed was to make Nathan feel bad. I was already crushed by the look on his face. 

"What the hell Evanna?" He mumbled from where he had his face pressed against my shoulder. 

"I'm sorry, Nath. I must have fallen asleep." 

"Bull." He sniffed. His hard exterior was probably just him trying to compensate for the fact he'd been crying. "You got sick again, didn't you?" 

Sighing I  pulled away from him, resting my hand against the shape of his face. The light from the open window, bounced off the tears swelling at the rim of his eyes making them twinkle. I nodded. He swallowed. 

"Where does it hurt?" He asked softly. I lifted my hand from his face to gesture towards my stomach. Nathan glanced into my eyes for a second before pulling up my top ever so gently and touching my skin. His hand was cold and instinctively I jerked away from it. He grinned at me, realising I seemed to be okay for the moment, before sighing and getting to get me some paracetamol. 

Nathan seemed satisfied that I was feeling alright and I fell asleep quickly, holding his hand. I woke up the next morning feeling replenished. Finally, my bug seemed to be waring off. I was already on my feet, poking through my pile of clothes for something to wear when I realised something. "Oh, God!" I gasped, staring intently at the stripy t - shirt in my hands. 

"What's wrong? Where's the problem? I'm on it!" Nathan flew upright, his eyes still tightly closed, his phone flying from his hand as he flailed his arm around. The sight pricked the bubble that was my shock. I giggled. 

"Yeah, you sure look like you're well prepared." I joked sitting down on the bed beside him. Nathan smiled, opening his eyes before flopping back down amongst the pillows. "I just realised that tomorrow we're getting married." 

I held my breath and watched his reaction: green eyes bulging, eyebrows arching halfway up his forehead. "Man! How the hell did that happen?" 

I laughed "God knows Nathan." He took my hand. 

We didn't have too much to do for the rest of the day. Nathan and I had been pretty on top of things with planning,and everything we'd delegated to our parents and Manon had been sorted out ages ago. Both our mums had been really keen to get involved but we both knew what we wanted for our wedding and did most of it ourselves. Nathan wanted it to be private, away from any cameras or journalists and I wanted it to be casual and fun - something that would reflect our age.