Chapter 3

Thank you all for reading, commenting and voting! I'm so pleased that you all are liking it as much as the last one! Hopefully, you'll like this chapter too:D 

One of my fave songs on the side, TW feature in it!  >>>

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And I'll tell her we'll always be this way

Every day that she's the one that makes me wanna say

I could see the blurry shape of Nathan lying next to me in the darkness. His hair stuck up everywhere and face squished against the pillow. I grabbed my glasses and suddenly realised something had woken me up. Was that singing? Crawling mindlessly forwards, I hunted for the source of my awakening.

Whoo-uuh-uuh you're taking over me

“FOR THE LOVE OF FRICK!”             

I lay on the ground my heart fibrillating whilst Briony and Ceallach loomed over me, doubled up in fits of laughter. Briony was holding her mobile which was paused in the middle of Lawson’s song ‘Taking Over Me’. Nathan had stumbled out of bed to rip open the curtains. I had fallen off the end of my bed in my fright.

I tried to keep a straight face as I leapt to my feet and shouted at Briony and Ceallach. Instinctively each of them backed away, laughing.

“You are going to die and I’m going to do it!” I yelled at them, losing my battle against the giggles.

I turned to Nathan torn between being worried I was hurt and amused by my graceful exit of the bed. “I need to put a lock on my door!” I laughed, hands on hips.

“That wouldn’t be very clever, Evanna as it would compromise your safety should there be a fire. Not very responsible.” Ceallach interjected crossing his arms and clicking his tongue in exasperation at me.

“Get out!” I laughed, shoving him out the door and slamming it closed. I heard him and Briony’s hysterical giggles through the wood.

“Do they still do that?” Nathan asked incredulously. Over the years we had been going out, Briony and Ceallach would always stay at my flat. Mainly because Cel wanted away from his parents’s house and Briony wanted the excitement of being independent. However, they were no longer 14 and 17 years old. They were 17 and 20, both living in their own place.

“Oh, yeah.” I snorted, fumbling for my clothes for the day. “I threw out my alarm clock weeks ago and am just using them instead. Although, I wasn’t quite expecting that.” I laughed.

Nathan collapsed face first back onto the bed so I quickly changed myself and nipped to the bathroom. When I returned he was fast asleep. I patted his hair and pulled the covers over him before going down to the kitchen.

“Nu – uh,” Briony was sitting curled up on the sofa eating the last bowlful of my favourite cereal. “4Music is showing Christmas hits, so I’m sorry but we’re watching that!”

“Boring!” Ceallach sprayed a mouthful of toast over us all as he tried to talk. I edged past them both, giving Ceallach a wide birth of about 2 metres. I clicked on the kettle and tried to fashion myself some sort of breakfast that hadn’t already been claimed by Briony or Cel. So far it looked like I was having lemons and a Nature Valley bar. 

“Hey, Ev, you working this morning?” Charlie appeared in the doorway, holding an empty mug and looking stressed.

“Aye, I’m afraid so. Why? Do you need something?” I poured tea into the cup he was absently gripping.