Chapter 7

Nathan’s POV

It was December 29th already and Christmas was over. It was also the day before Evanna’s sisters went back to France. I saw Evanna through the window as I skipped down the steps to her flat, she was sitting in the kitchen spoon feeding Renee. I chuckled and knocked on the door.  

Sasha’s kind, heart shaped face greeted me at the door.

“Oh, hey Nathan!” She chuckled at me.  It was funny how even though none of us lived here, neither was surprised to see the other. “Did you have a nice Christmas?”

“Yeah…” I smiled knowingly, remembering sitting outside in the snow with Ev exchanging presents and not really feeling able to finish my sentence.

“Well, Evanna felt the same way.” Sasha bit her lip as though fighting a giggle and looking at the ground as she closed the door behind me. Her head shot up “She’s in the kitchen feeding the chicks.” She laughed at herself “I don’t think she was expecting you though. She’s just heading out.”

“Yeah, I just wanted to see her before she left.” I grinned and sheepishly shoved my hands in my pockets.

“She doesn’t say this, but she loves it when you drop by.” Sasha whispered, winking “Have a good night.” And with that she slipped backed into Charlie’s room and clicked the door shut.

“Please eat for Evie!” Evanna wailed, her trembling hand holding a quivering spoon to her sisters pursed lips.

“No, I want mama.” Renee mumbled, stretching out her podgy baby hand to push the spoon away.

“Can I drink this?” Gemma garbled, clutching at Evanna’s bottle of antibiotic acne medicine. Ev jumped to her feet when she caught my eye.

“Nath?” she gasped, looking extremely uncomfortable.

“You okay?” I joked, walking up to her.

“The bubas are being difficult!” She looked distressed.

“Hey, babe, let I’ll handle this.” I said, pulling the spoon from her hand. Gemma then set the bottle down when I gave her a look.

“Woah, look at your power!” Ev breathed in my ear as she passed.

“Go get changed, see you in a bit.” I laughed, pushing her with one hand to the door.

I sat down at the table, and the girls gathered around me, their little round faces eerily similar. Evanna was going out to a business party with Brain Freeze’s manager Jenny. It was sort of a big deal for her as there would be loads of labels and managers there which would get her loads of exposure.

“Woah, hot stuff!” I heard Sasha wolf whistle out in the hall.

“Shut up.” Ev giggled.

“I can’t really pull that off can I?” Sasha considered. I left the table and went out into the hall.

Ev was standing her dark auburn hair all piled up on top of her head wearing a sleeveless black blouse and silver sequenced handkerchief skirt. Seeing me looking at her she smiled and grabbed some of the fold in her skirt.

“I feel ridiculous.” She rolled her eyes. “But Jenny said dress to impress. Who knew even the behind the scenes of the music industry was so appearance orientated?”

“Good thing you’re pretty then.” I laughed, putting my arms around her.

“Oh stop it,” She tried to push me off in embarrassment but I leant forward and kissed her.

“Oh, right, okay, I’m going to leave.” Sasha blurted out. I had sort of forgotten she was there. “I’ll go and put the film on for your babies.”