Chapter 26

Ev's POV 

From Briony: 

Hey, Ev! Hope you're having a fab time with Nathan doing....whatever;) Once again, it was the most beautiful ceremony. You're an inspiration Evanna and I hope you know how much I love you. You've inspired me to live my own life. Congrats, best friend. x

I sat on the end of the bed as I read the text I had just received from Briony. I was in the process of removing my flipflops when I hesitated. Well, that was sort of really sweet. I was glad she was inspired....I sort of felt that Briony had been having a hard time lately. I don't know what brought this on. 

I was smiling while wearing a frown when Nathan emerged from the bathroom, wincing with every step. "Oh, what's up?" He asked when he saw me. 

"Nothing, I - " I stopped and looked at him, dropping my phone onto the bed and clapping my hands over my mouth as I saw him. The poor soul was sun burnt all over. "Oh, Nathan! You poor thing." I tried not to laugh at how silly he looked, because it was obviously hurting him to move. I jumped up and helped him over to the bed so he could sit down. He flinched when I touched his arm and I yanked my hand away, apologising. 

"Aw shit my aftersun. I left it in the bathroom." Nathan groaned, making to get up. 

"Stay there you numpty, I'll get it." I told him. I returned and passed him the bottle. He took it, looked at it then groaned and pulled a face. "What's wrong?" I asked. 

"Can you do it?" He asked. I could tell by the cheekiness of his expression that he was perfectly capable. And if it had been anything else that he had been asking me I would have said no....but since he was asking me to put aftersun on him and hence get to touch him, I nodded. 

I clambered up onto the bed, sitting slightly to the back and to the right of him. I reached for the hem of his t-shirt and tugged it over his head. 

"You know, I think if I have my top off, you should too. It's only fair." Nathan mumbled, he had let his eyes close as I rubbed the cold cream on small circles on his shoulders. I rolled my eyes and ignored this. 

Eventually I stood up and bent in front of him, rubbing some onto his face. He looked a little surprised when he opened his eyes and my face was looming right in front of him. "Hey," he said. 

"Hi!" I giggled, avoiding his eyes so I could concentrate but I could feel him staring intently at me. In the second between stopping putting cream on him and going to straighten up, he grabbed my wrists and pulled me on top of him. I squeaked in surprise before his lips covered mine. He tasted of aftersun which wasn't nearly as nice as it smelt. Then he went to wrap his arms around my waist but as soon as his raw skin touched mine he winced and groaned. I rolled off him quickly, covering my face with my hands as I giggled at the writhing, red raw boy lying next to me that was now my husband. 

:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:~:

The rest of the day passed far too quickly and I was beginning to dread going home - stupid, I know, especially since I wasn't going home to the flat I shared with Charlie but to mine and Nathan's house, which had been fully furbished and everything in the past few months. But I felt that as long as we were staying in Paris, we were in this little private cocoon - where neither of our jobs existed and none of our friends or family could reach us. And alone time with Nathan the things I craved the most and, unfortunately, it was also the most difficult to achieve. 

Nathan took me for a walk that evening. It was adorable. I had thought he was in the bathroom so was a bit confused when some one knocked on the door. When I opened it, Nathan was standing in front of me holding a bouquet of yellow tulips which are my all time favourites. I almost wanted to cry at the sight of him. He put so much effort into everything he did for me. 

He made it feel like our first date. He asked me where I was from and I told him I didn't know. He asked me where I lived and I said with the love of my life. His facade slipped a little when I said that and he took my hand. He made a big deal of kissing me in the middle of the pavement - the whole evening gave me butterflies. It began to get a bit cold at around 10pm and he asked me where I'd liked to go next. I just looked at him and said 

"How about you take me back to my room?" 

Nathan's eyebrows shot up and I bit my lip. A moment of silence followed. Then we were practically running back to the hotel. The elevator ride up to the top floor was practically unbearable because I was already red in the face and Nathan had that wild, crazed look in his eye when an elderely couple got in. Nathan actually facepalmed.  

That night felt like our first time - except without the initial awkwardness of not knowing how to make the first move or how to be with each other. We knew each other inside by now. It was just as emotional, and at times I was grateful for the light being off so it could hide the tears in my eyes - how embarrassing. 

Because of my completely stupid dread of returning home and my time of having Nathan to myself ending, I hadn't anticipated how returning home to our house would make me feel. I jumped out the cab and stared up at the cute little house which was so insignificant on the larger scale, but meant so much to me, while Nathan got our bags. I heard the cab drive off and he came up behind me and took my hand. 

"Ready to go in?" He asked me. 

"Not at all." I laughed before grabbing my key and walking straight up to the little door.  

We sat on the sofa, our legs tangled together, watching TV that evening. Nathan had fallen asleep on my shoulder with his mouth open, making adorably soft snoring noises. I tried to imagine myself in this house doing proper adult things. Working in the studio upstairs, making meals in the kitchen. I couldn't get over the fact I was a wife. 

My phone bleeped from over on the coffee table and I stretched, trying not to move enough to disturb Nathan. It was a reminder of my doctor's appointment tomorrow. Nathan had sort of been freaked that I'd collapsed in the bathroom that night before our wedding and was only slightly calmer when I book an appointment, despite me knowing it was nothing. I felt completely fine now. 

I closed down the reminder to see I had a new text message from Ceallach. It seemed that he, Charlie, Sasha, Briony and all the band were coming over for tea tomorrow night and to view the house. Well, it was nice that they were comfortably enough with us to just invite themselves over whenever they fancied. 

I guess things weren't going to be so different. It was nice to have some certainty in my life, finally, after years of searching for it. 

------------------------------------------------------

That was short and (hopefully) sweet! One of the last few chapter now though I'm afraid! It's going to be devastating when this is done! Oh gosh I can't. 

Dedication to one of ma pals laikaEh for being AWESOME, and the best reader and the best girlfriend Stefan could have. And also to another of my chums natalieash for being TOO COOL and leaving amazing comments and also....she writes a pretty mean Nathan fic so you should probably go read that! ;) 

Loads of love, seee ya next time x