Chapter 25

Well hi there! 

I loved writing this chapter. It's a bit different so brace yourselves for change. Hahaha. Hope you like it! Enjoy x 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Briony's POV 

It was rubbish to arrive back in St. Pancras and be greeted with torrential rain after experiencing the most beautiful few days of sunshine in France. I followed Charlie, Sasha and Ceallach out of the train when someone pulled on my arm. I turned to see none other than Jay McGuiness. I sighed. 

"Yes?" 

"Do you want a lift back to your flat? Because the boys and I are getting picked up by Kevin and I'm sure he could give you one." I glanced behind Jay at Max, Tom and Siva before shaking me head. 

"No thank you. I'll just get a cab." I said, shrugging and turning around before he could say anything else. I stalked off of the train, not glancing back once, feeling the usual overwhelming stab of sadness that I got whenever I thought too much about everything. Because it still hurt more than I was letting on. And I knew the reason behind it. It was obvious now. 

I was in love with Jay. 

Stupid, I know, to be in love with someone and sort of hate their guts at the same time, but I was. And the reason was that I really couldn't blame it all on Jay - which it would have been easier to - because it was complicated. 

I ducked into the taxi with my friends and rested my head against the window which had been chilled from the rain.

The worst part was that we had ended before we had even really begun. Their hadn't been much speaking or much thinking. Just kissing. We hadn't been going out, he'd never told me he even liked me. I knew he did. But, as any girl will tell you, that's not the same. And it wasn't even like we'd done more than kissing. We hadn't. I was still as innocent as Mary. So I couldn't really understand how I had come to feel so strongly about him. 

But I suppose it's because of our whole story. It was a fairytale. It was the cutest story ever. We met when I was fourteen and Jay was twenty. He thought I was beautiful but obviously the six year age gap was so much. So he waited. And then once I turned eighteen and we were up in Scotland with Evanna, who was visiting her family, he kissed me on a little boat in the middle of Loch Ness and told me I looked cute when I was angry. 

It was a love story to rival even Evanna and Nathan's. Except that they got their happy ending and I didn't. 

Ceallach gave me a lingering hug before I hopped out of the taxi, but I pushed him off after a few seconds. It was at times like these that I'd felt like I'd sort of migrated into Evanna's life. She was my best friend, even if I wasn't hers, and I loved her to pieces from the moment that she let me stay in London with her despite how much my brother hated it. She let me enter her friend group and I'd been noticing that, before Evanna started going out with Nathan, she and Ceallach had been really close, but now I seemed to be falling into step with Ceallach a lot more, now that Evanna was living this whole grown up life. But of course I couldn't avoid the fact that Ceallach was never really my friend - he just sort of got stuck with me when Evanna got with Nathan. And here I was falling in love with a member of the same band as her boyfriend, well husband now, but again failing miserably as Jay had made it quite obvious he did not want to go out with me.

None of my twelve flat mates were in which depressed me a little bit so I just retreated to my bedroom and collapsed on the bed. I don't know what had got me so depressed - usually I'm the complete obvious - I think it's probably just leftover emotions from the most beautiful wedding there surely has ever been.