Chapter 9

"You have to get yourself a bigger car, Ev. This one's really lacking in leg space." Briony squirmed around awkwardly in the passenger seat beside me and I rolled my eyes in amusement, chuckling quietly. 

"Well, sorry we can't all have BMWs like your mum." I joked.

"And my dad." She added grumpily, fiddlying with the head rest that had never been re altered after Jay had put it all the way up when I last gave him a lift. 

"Missing your home comforts now you're not living at home, then?" I asked sarcastically, lowering Briony's self named 'beats' so that they were no longer making the car visably pulsate. 

"You know what I am!" Briony looked over at me thoughtfully "I spent so long wanting to move to London, like you and Charlie - but now I'm here I miss Bath! I miss home! I miss my mum doing my washing. I had to go to a laundrette the other day. I felt like I'd taken a time machine back to the 1960s." 

"You sound like you've been living in abject poverty, you poor soul." I said wryly. 

"Practically!" She screeched indignantly making me snort at her seriousness. 

I veered left violently, making Briony shriek and jolting a sleeping Ceallach from his slumber. "Sorry!" I  squealed but that wasn't audible over Cel and Briony's screams of shock. I laughed. "Here's Newcastle!" I pointed at the sign as we entered the city. 

"Oh, Dear God KEEP YOUR HANDS ON THE WHEEL!" Ceallach had an embolism behind me and I  slowly returned my hands to the standard 9 and 3 positions on the wheel. 

"Can't believe you've never been outside London all these years you've lived in England." Briony laughed, turning to me. I nodded realising how close I was to Scotland...maybe a couple more hours of driving and I'd be back where I grew up. 

We drove on in silence, Briony reading the map and Ceallach with his hands over his face for fear of death by my driving. 

"Is this it?" I looked up dubiously at the large theatre. 

"Yup, Jay says they're currently in there rehearsing and he's in need of a drink!" Briony confirmed with a giggle as she scrolled down her twitter feed. 

We parked a little bit away from the theatre and sped over to the door, after I talked Ceallach out of the car after his 'traumatic experience' in my car. I made a mental note never to drive him anywhere again. We flashed our ID and rushed to the auditorium, bursting through the doors to find - 

Tom having a tantrum about his mic not working, Seev doing a happy dance, Nathan doing the fly warm up, Jay drinking sneakily in the corner and Max subconciously feeling his own ear. I smiled at the familiarity, I'd missed them all. 

It was half way through February now & I was officially into my 20s - something i didn't appreciate getting told particularly.  After that horrific day after Christmas, I, for once, got straight to the point and told Nathan the truth. He was a little shocked I think but was more concerned for my welfare after my 'hangover' than anything else. Everything reverted back to normal, even if my mum did try to take me back to France to 'recouperate'. Instead, and what with Nathan and the boys on a wee UK tour, I threw myself even more into my work. That's why I was looking forward to this weekend I had off. 

Nathan had invited me and Ceallach up to see their Newcastle shows and Jay had strangely insisted that Briony come too. Once she was done screaming, or rather once I locked her in the supply cupboard, I told him we'd all definitely be there. 

I watched Cel and Briony lunge at the stage madly and giggled, feeling a wave of tiredness ripple over me. I guess all my driving had taken its toll on me. I went over the back row of seats and gently lay down across like 5 of them, letting my eyes close. I could hear the boys singing in the background.