WaterWorks

Captain Nico had set Percy to using his water powers to scrub the deck when he heard the scream. More accurately, Bianca's scream. How he knew it was her, he had no clue, but he dropped everything and ran for the bow.

"What in the name of Tartarus happened?!" Nico roared, bursting from belowdecks.

"Bianca!" Percy shouted in reply. He caught a glance of the captain's face, he was pale and looked like he'd been shot.

"Cap'n!" A girl's voice shouted. Percy didn't recognize it, but assumed it was someone on the crew.

When he finally saw the scene, his heart sank. A curvy girl was kneeling next to the fallen first mate, attempting to stem the flow of blood trickling out around a brown arrow that was sunk into her chest.

"Move!" he heard Nico snarl at someone. Probably Leo, let's be honest.

"I can help!" Percy shouted, pulling the water around the ship with his powers and streaming it over the railing and towards Bianca.

"Who the Hades're you?" The girl asked, standing protectively in front of her shipmate.

"Lou Ellen!" Nico snapped. "If he says he can save Bianca, let him."

"Yessir." Lou Ellen said grudgingly, stepping aside to let the son of Poseidon through.

Percy dropped to his knees and curled a small stream of water around his finger. "Sorry, Bianca, this might hurt."

She was shaking, her face pale. "Just.....do it....." She croaked.

Percy sent the tendril of water into the wound, inspecting it by using the water molecules to explore the wound.

"Nothing vital, slipped right between the lungs, thank the gods. If I pull it out slowly with water while healing the damage, I might be able to keep her from bleeding out." He looked up at Nico. "I can't promise anything."

"Just hurry up, I feel her life force fading!" The captain snapped back.

"Okay!" Percy willed the water to wrap around the arrow and pulled it out a few centimeters. Letting more water flow into the wound, the black haired boy began to work on healing the gaping hole.

Bianca let out a breathy scream of pain.

"Captain, you got something she can bite down on?"

Surprisingly, it was Lou Ellen who had the answer. She offered him a dagger with a leather wrapped hilt.

"Here." Percy told Bianca, sliding the dagger handle in between her teeth.

He continued to inch the arrow out, it was rather deep. 

"That's some longbow." He muttered as he finished healing the wound.

"What?" Nico asked. 

"Whoever shot, it's a rather heavy weighted longbow. The arrow was almost touching her spinal cord. I'd say at least 95 pounds, which is pretty impressive, especially for a longbow, which is harder to draw than a recurve and is a lot harder to fire from a sitting position."

Percy stood and used the water to clean off the blood that was on Bianca's clothes and the deck beneath her. 

"Unfortunately, Captain, that's all I can do. She might still die, she lost a lot of blood."

Nico shot the son of Poseidon a murderous look, but it softened with tears. 

"I-I understand. Th...thank you for t-trying." He whirled and strode swiftly back towards his cabin. Percy saw him try to discreetly swipe at his eyes.

"Ye did what ye could, that's most impor'ant." Lou Ellen said quietly.

"Where's the infirmary? The sickbay, whatever you all call it." Percy carefully picked up the limp first mate.

"I's this way."

He followed the curvy girl, watching her green bandana bounce slightly as she walked.

"Michael!" Lou Ellen shouted when they finally reached the right door.

"What?" A blond ghost snapped from where he was lying on his back with his arms crossed, hovering over a bed.

"I know you can't do anything, but really nothing needs to be done. The first mate got shot, I healed her, she just needs watching so that if she takes a turn for the worst we know and can try to help." Percy stepped forward with Bianca in his arms.

Michael shot to a standing position, his waist going through the bed.

"Put 'er by the door, I'll watch 'er. What'd she get shot with?" He asked.

"I'd say at least 95 pound longbow, the wound went almost to her spinal cord." The son of Poseidon said.

Michael whistled, which was slightly amusing as he was a ghost. "You know about bows?"

Percy scowled. "I was a prisoner of Light for 13 years, I witnessed several discussions and contests between the sons of Apollo on the ship and the commander herself. Then there was that kid, the son of Ares who was magnificent with a bow..." He trailed off, his eyes widening with realization.

"What?" Michael asked.

"I know who shot the first mate. Didn't peg it for him though, he doesn't exactly like hurting others..." Percy wandered out of the infirmary, muttering to himself.

"Well, I'd be'er go see how the lass is farin' in da kitchen." Lou Ellen muttered awkwardly, leaving before Michael could respond.

"Bye, Lou." He said quietly, staring at the door she had walked through.

[A/N yay more updates! I honestly don't know what to write here, so I hope you enjoy and stuff]