Losing Crewmen

"Are they back yet?" Thalia shouted from the deck.

"No, Cap'n! Will's lookin' for 'em now!" Katie yelled, leaning over the rail to look for her comrades.

"Captain!" Drew shouted from the stern.

"WHAT?!" Thalia roared in irritation.

"There's a ship leaving port! Never seen it before, ye might want to come see it!"

Thalia joined her second mate at the stern of the ship, looking out to sea.

A dark ship was pulling away from them. It's hull was a deep blue, and what she could see of it's figurehead was a woman with flowing hair, her arms spread out behind her.

"As far as I can tell the entire crew is teens, like us. Ye don't think it's another demigod ship, do ye?"

Thalia held her hands up in front of her face, making a circle shape with her fingers. Bending the air so that light rays hit it in just the right way, she made herself a magnifying glass out of her encircled hands.

"Get ready to cast off!" She bellowed.

"What did ye see?" Drew asked curiously.

"That little rat that's been talking up Green-Eyes. I'd wager that's the devil's ship."

"What about the Stolls?" Someone shouted as the crew bustled about.

"Ye won't be needing to worry about them." Will Solace pulled himself over the rail. "Talked to some people at the local tavern, they said the two got dragged off by a boy with an eyepatch, a girl with brown hair and a boy with short black hair."

"Eyepatch?" Thalia turned to look back at the ship sailing away from her. "MOVE FASTER! WE'VE GOT SOME DEMIGODS TO CATCH!"

"Shall we Iris Message Dark, cap'n?" Miranda asked.

"No. If we can catch up to that ship, we can take them down. Then we can move on to Dark and put our problems 6 feet under for good."

"Yes'm!" The daughter of Demeter ran to help her half sister.

"They're moving fast, Cap'n!" Will had taken his spot up in the rigging again, watching their target.

"How fast?"

"Too fast to be normal!" The son of Apollo responded.

"MOVE!" Thalia roared at her crew.

"Captain, what do you want me to do?" Annabeth appeared.

"Stay with me and be ready to board."

---------------------------------

The Erebus was docked six spaces from the Zephyrus.

"Cap'n, Light's crew is putting to sea!" Chris Rodriguez shouted.

"What? Has anyone received an Iris Message from her?" Nico replied.

"No sir!"

"What is she after?"

Chris hauled himself higher up the mast and peered out to see. "It's a ship, Cap! Dark blue, got a woman on the figurehead! Looks like it's a demigod ship, all the crew seems young, at least from what I can tell!"

Nico cursed loudly. "Prepare to set sail!"

"Nico, what's happening?" Hazel asked, running up.

"Light's crew spotted a certain green eyed demon's ship and she didn't tell us. Chris caught sight of it so we're going after them too."

"Alright." Hazel began to bark orders while Nico went to the poop deck to see if he could spot their target.

Indeed he could. The ship was nearly as dark as his, but he could discern the difference in color.

"LOU ELLEN!" He yelled.

"Yes, Cap?" She was there in a heartbeat.

"I need an Iris Message."

"Ye go'it Cap." Lou began to work her magic to pull a film of water up and shoot light through it.

"Oh Iris, accept my offering." Nico flipped a drachma into the rainbow. "Show me Thalia Grace, or Light, whichever she prefers."

The message swirled and showed the slightly surprised daughter of Zeus and her first mate daughter of Athena.

"You know I'm not blind, right?" Nico asked, arching an eyebrow.

"I don't have a clue what you're talking about."

"I was docked a few spaces from you. I saw you cast off and I can see who you're after. We agreed to work together on this."

"I saw my chance and I took it. I had no clue where you were docked, you could have been in the other harbor." The town they had met in had two separate harbors, one on either side of the town.

"Well I'm not. We're in this together, you aren't the only one who has a problem with that accursed captain."

"Whatever you want, death spawn." Thalia slashed through the message.

"Let's get moving! Set a course for that dark blue ship!" Nico shouted to his crew.

"Your days are numbered, Green-Eyes."

-------------------------------

"We got ships on our tail!" Leo shouted from the rigging.

"Recognize them?"

"Like the back of my hand! Thalia and Nico, they're coming from different angles!"

"What should we do, Captain?" Reyna asked.

"I think we should lead them on a bit, then let them catch up. I'll enjoy the looks of surprise on their faces when they see who their supposed worst enemy is."

"Yes, sir." Reyna turned to the crew. "Keep doing what you're doing! Make sure the ships can see us, but not that they're too close until I give the order to drop back!"

"Yes'm!"

"Yes ma'am!"

"You got it!"

"Captain!" Frank appeared from belowdecks. "Sherman's feeling better. His skull is intact."

"Tell him he can come up. The kid will kill me if he misses a good fight."

[A/N Chase scene! this is gonna be funnnnnnnnn!]