Growing Tensions

They were on Calypso's Island for three days. Leo and Piper showed the others how to clean the hull. They checked their supplies and made sure everything was in good condition.

Reyna, Percy, and Calypso kept disappearing. The others didn't know where they went, but each time they came back Calypso looked less upset about them leaving. Actually, she seemed excited. 

Nico and Thalia helped, which surprised some of the crew, but no one questioned it.

It wasn't until Percy told Sherman to gather the others and move anything of Calypso's that they could onto the ship that someone asked what he was doing.

And surprisingly, it was Thalia.

"Jackson, what are you trying to do here?" She scowled at him as Sherman and Frank walked past with a heavy table. They had the Doriana a little farther out, and standing straight up. The ship was always in the background of Percy's mind, since he was the one holding her upright.

"I thought that was obvious." He shrugged. "I'm moving Calypso's things onto the ship."

"And leaving the girl here to start over? What is wrong with you?"

The son of Poseidon laughed and Thalia bristled. She moved to punch him, but he sidestepped calmly and slammed his arm down on her back as she stumbled past him.

Thalia ended face-down in the sand and spitting mad. She shoved herself to her feet and whirled on the captain. Never mind the argument they had, never mind that he was her only way off this island, all she wanted was to punch that smug half-smile off of his stupid, tanned face.

Will made a move to stop her as she jumped forward, but Percy shot him a serious look and a sharp shake of the head and he stopped. The daughter of Zeus slammed her shoulder into her cousin's ribcage and Percy stumbled back a couple paces, but when she swung at his face he blocked it easily.

"Is this all you were looking for, Thalia? A fight?" He teased as she threw another punch at his face.

Thalia screamed and kicked him in the stomach, sending him backwards again. He dropped, but when she went after him she received a handful of sand flung in her eyes.

"Are we jest gonna let'em settle it?" Will asked Sherman.

"Jackson usually doesn't have an issue with these kinds of things. We let them fight it out, but if Thalia goes for the kill we jump in." Mitchell responded from beside him.

"Okay, what did she do?" Reyna was back. Calypso took one look at the tussling demigods and ran for her cave.

"Took a swing at the captain. He's entertaining her irritation." Piper provided.

Thalia's face was set in a snarl as she made a move to drive her elbow into Percy's temple. He ducked and punched just below her ribcage, making her yelp in pain. Not seeing any other option, Thalia kneed him in the crotch.

"Low play!" Ethan yelled.

"We are pirates." Gwen replied.

Thalia tackled Percy and went for his eyes, but he grabbed her wrists and flipped her over, pinning her on her back in the sand.

"I'm having them move Calypso's things to the ship because she's coming with us. We've worked it out, it will work. And if you wanted a fight so badly, all you had to do was ask."

Thalia sneered and wriggled, but Percy deftly shifted so he had one knee on her stomach, driving the air out of her lungs. He pinned one of her arms down with his foot, and the other with his own hand, then drew a small dagger from his boot and held it against her neck. Only then did the daughter of Zeus lay still.

"That is enough, Thalia. You're no longer in charge, you need to get used to having to ask for information rather than having it given to you on a silver platter. If you are not willing to cooperate in this I will not hesitate drop you off at the next port we come across, along with your first mate. I could easily collect the bounty her father has set for her." Percy said calmly, his voice quiet but firm. "Am I understood?"

Thalia just glared at him.

"Don't give me that look. You treated me like dirt for years. I've got layers of scarring to prove it. You're lucky I didn't kill you myself when we found your ship in ruins, soaked in blood. Answer my question, am I understood?"

She nodded after a moment.

Percy got off of her, deftly slipping the knife back into its sheath.

"That was entertaining." Piper commented. Calypso had returned with a small med-kit, and she checked Percy over quickly before turning to Thalia and offering assistance. The daughter of Zeus reluctantly accepted.

"Let's get moving. I want to be off this island by the time the sun reaches the top of the sky tomorrow."