A Ship!

Calypso watched the three boys sit on the beach, talking. The tall one was explaining something to Percy, who looked slightly confused but nodded along. The scrawny one would chime in with something every once in a while, and she could judge how relevant it was based off of the tall one's reactions. So far, it seemed he was generally unhelpful.

She turned away, not wanting to watch anymore. She could feel in her gut how this was going to end. These boys would find a way off the island and she'd be stuck all alone again.

Noting where the sun was, Calypso went into her cave to start making something for dinner. She reminded herself to make more than usual, since there were more people on the island than normal.

There was a quiet knock on the door of the cave. "Calypso?"

It was one of the new boys, the taller one... Frank, that was his name.

"I'm just starting dinner." She said quietly. "It'll be done in a bit."

"Would you like help?" That surprised, her, and she turned to look at Frank. He offered an awkward smile. "I'm not the greatest with food, but if you tell me what to do I can help."

Calypso nodded after a moment. "Okay. Come over here, you can cut these mangoes up."

He walked over quickly and picked up one of the shell knives she had made over the years there. "Do you want them cubed or in strips?"

"Cubed." Calypso picked up a sweet pepper, beginning to slice it.

They worked in silence for a few minutes before Frank spoke again. "Is everything alright, Calypso?"

She paused. "Why wouldn't it be?"

He shrugged. "You've seemed kind of tense since Leo and I got here."

"Oh that... Leo has just been stressing me out." Calypso lied.

Frank looked at her. She avoided his gaze.

"While I could completely understand that, because Leo is an annoying, over-sized child, you don't seem annoyed. You seem sad."

Calypso sighed and put the knife down. "It's  really not much... but is it selfish that I wish you two had never showed up?"

"Why is that?" Frank asked.

"Well... Percy just seemed like a gift from the gods. Whenever a man shows up here, he has someone he wants to get back to, or something. I found Percy, and he didn't remember anything. He was a blank slate, essentially. I feel horrible about it, but a large part of me wanted him to stay like that, I could have something good for once. For once! I didn't think that was too much to ask!"

Calypso realized she was starting to cry, but she couldn't stop herself. "But I guess the gods thought otherwise, because now you two are here, and you're helping him remember, he's got something to go back to now, and I'm going to be stuck by myself again, like always! I never- I didn't- I made a mistake and I've been paying for it for thousands of years-"

Frank silently opened his arms for her. Without thinking, Calypso collapsed against him. He hugged her gently, letting her cry.

"Calypso, I want you to know something." Frank said quietly. She looked up at him.

"We are going to get you out of here. I don't know how, but we will. I know we will."

"And how do you know that?"

"Because Percy's involved." Frank said seriously. "And when Percy sets his mind to something, he gets what he wants one way or another. He's not going to let you stay here, he will make sure you get out of here."

"I will." When Calypso turned, Percy was standing in the doorway. "I don't leave people behind.... or that's what I've been told."

Leo, standing with him, chuckled. "It's true."

"Thank you." She said softly. 

Percy nodded. "Why don't we all help make dinner, then we can figure out something to do get our attention off of the current predicament."

"Sounds good to me." Leo nodded.

Frank looked at Calypso.

She nodded slowly. "Okay."

"What would you like us to do?" Percy asked. 

"Can you two go get some more vegetables from the garden outside?"

He nodded and took Leo's arm, pulling him out of the cave.

---------------------------

After dinner, they went down to the beach. After some debate over what to do, Percy began to play around with some water.

"What if Percy created things with water and we had to guess what they are?" Leo suggested.

"Sounds interesting." Calypso chuckled.

"Okay..." He stood up, beginning to collect water to his hands. "Are you guessing as I make it?"

"Yes." Leo nodded.

He nodded and slowly began to create something.

Leo and Calypso got really into guessing, shouting out different answers. For the most part, Frank was laughing and watching, not saying much.

They were in their sixth round. Percy was slowly creating a small object of some sort when Frank sat up suddenly. "A ship!"

Percy shook his head. "No, that's not what it is-"

"No, look!" He got up quickly, pointing out at the waves.

The other three turned quickly to look.

It was wildly far away, barely even see-able. But clearly, the figure moving towards them over the water was a ship.

"Can anyone see what the figurehead is?" Frank asked.

Leo was already lifting a strange device from his toolbelt to his eye.

"It's the Doriana!"

[A/N and now the theories. How do you think they got through the barrier?]