An Idea

Reyna stood tall at the helm. The wind blew her braid off of her shoulder and flicked it around behind her, like a cat swishing it's tail as it watched a mouse.

Her hand strayed to the small pouch she had left resting at her hip. Inside it was the note from Nico saying Percy was alive.

A fish shot out of the water near the starboard bow. Flying high into the air, it morphed into a falcon and soared over to the mast of the ship. Before it landed, a monkey took its place, swinging around the rigging.

"Done showing off, Frank?" Piper called when the monkey dropped to the deck, changing to a tiger a split second before its paws hit the ground.

"I'm not trying to show off." Frank turned back into himself. "I'm practicing. I want to see what I can change into and how fast I can switch."

"Did you find anything interesting?" Travis Stoll asked. They were all lounging on the deck, enjoying the sunshine. Reyna knew her shipmates were all still shaken from the battle with what she had dubbed as the mindless army.

"Not really." Frank took a place on a few boxes over on the side, stretching out on his back. "Although, I did hit a wall at one point...."

"Ye hit a wall?" Will asked curiously from his spot in the rigging. Reyna closed her mouth, having been about to ask the same question.

"Yeah. Didn't see a thing but I almost broke my nose on it." Frank shrugged. "I figured it was something Poseidon had been working with or something."

Reyna frowned. "Did you surface to see what was around?"

Frank looked over to her and nodded. "I didn't see anything. Well, there was land on the horizon, but I didn't think that was important and I couldn't investigate."

Reyna wondered what land he saw, then an idea popped into her mind that made her heart race.

She scanned the deck, finding Gwen.

"Gwen, I need you up here."

Instantly everyone was alert. They'd heard Reyna's tone when she called their shipmate.

"Cap'n?" Ethan asked.

"I'm not the captain." Reyna told him icily. "Percy is. And we need our captain back which is why I need Gwen up here."

"Why do you need me?" Gwen scrambled off the box she was sitting on.

"I need to talk to Nico. And for that I need a rainbow."

The tiny daughter of Iris crossed the deck quickly and padded up the stairs.

"Didn't Nico say they were going on a raid?"

"This is more important than his raid." Reyna didn't even look at Jason as she answered his question.

Gwen threw up a rainbow with minimum amount of effort. Reyna pulled a drachma from the pouch on her hip, making sure to keep the note from falling out.

"Oh, Iris, goddess of the rainbow, accept my offering and show me Nico di Angelo in Massios."

The mist swirled before revealing a shadowy corner. The sounds of fighting filled the background, but they seemed rather far off.

Nico was sitting against the wall, hissing in pain as he bandaged a cut on his arm.

"Not going well?" Reyna asked sarcastically.

The son of Hades flinched.

"Good gods. Now is not a good time, what do you want?"

"I need to have a talk with you about where Percy might be."

"Then now is really a bad time. Give me five minutes."

Reyna narrowed her eyes. "You've got four."

Nico growled at her, but pushed himself to his feet.

"Fine. See you then."

Reyna nodded curtly to him and he sliced the message in half with his sword.

"So now we wait?" Gwen asked.

"Now we wait." Reyna confirmed. She began to pace, counting the minutes in her mind. She wasn't going to give Nico a second more than she'd told him.

"Four minutes up. Bring up another rainbow." She ordered Gwen.

"On it."

"You really aren't giving me any slack, are you?" Nico said irritatedly. He was standing at the helm of his ship. Leaning out of view of the message, he bellowed, "Clarisse, get that sail up or gods help us, we're all dead!"

"I'm working on it!" The daughter of Ares answered.

"Having trouble?" Reyna asked.

"I'm noting the complete lack of sympathy." Nico retorted as he wrenched the wheel sideways.

"Good. I was hoping you'd notice." Reyna crossed her arms. "Now, what do you know about mystical islands?"

"What?" He stopped to stare at her in confusion.

"Frank found something today that could be the link for getting Percy back, but I need to confirm that what I was thinking is plausible."

"Talk to me." Nico said, his eyes on something off screen.

"Which mythical islands would have barriers around them?"

[A/N So Reyna's being smart.... I'm sorry this took so long....and the picture I used was stupid but whatever]