Don't Speak of What You Do Not Know

Jason hunched over his drink, scowling at the table.

Being on Nico's ship made his stomach turn. The son of Hades wasn't mean, but he felt wrong on that ship without the others from his old ship.

"Did ye see them ships runnin' out to sea?" A man at a nearby table asked.

"I 'eard one of 'em was that Green-Eyes devil." Another put in.

Jason perked up. He knew someone named Green-Eyes. Well, that was his nickname.

"Rumors are that the other two ships were those of the pirates."

"The pirates?" One of the group whispered.

"Aye." The first man nodded solemnly. "They seem to have a problem with their new competition."

"If I was Dark or Light, I would too."

Jason's heart began to beat faster. Was there a feud between his sister and his cousins?

"Reckon that Green-Eyes fellow will push them down a few pegs?"

"Oh he already has. Their names aren't as scary when his is thrown into the conversation."

The youngest of the group snorted. "He ain't scary. Just another bloke who thinks he's a corsair."

That word struck a chord in his heart. Piper always called him a corsair. A wannabe corsair, but a corsair nonetheless.

"I advise you not to speak against him too loudly." The group turned as Jason spoke up.

"Who're you?"

"A sailor past his glory days."

"You ain't older than twenty." The boy said.

Jason shook his head, sliding his ale to the side so he could speak with the group. "Arrowhead lodged behind my kneecap. My captain said I should just settle down."

It made him want to smile at how easily they bought the lie. "What d'ye know about that demon pirate, then?" One of the men asked.

"He isn't someone to just brush off. That man's a dangerous sort, ready to play any sort of game to get his share and willing to slit throats to finish a job." Jason glanced around them and leaned in slowly. "They say he's a son of the gods."

The three stared at him, disbelief in their eyes.

"Aye, that's what I think too. I'd say it's more accurate that he's a son of the devils of Hades."

"Ever seen him?" The younger boy asked.

Jason nodded solemnly. "I met him alright. Him and his blasted crew. His first mate is the one who killed my career."

"He shot you?"

"She. Say what you will about the bilge rat, he's very fair. Don't matter if you're man or woman, so long as you can fight and you know your way around a ship."

"I'm going to get a job on a ship and show everyone that he ain't as scary as he seems." The boy announced.

"If you get on a ship, pray you never, ever see him. Man's got a nasty habit of taking sailors and changing their loyalties. That is, if he doesn't kill you." Jason said quietly.

"I ain't scared." The boy insisted.

"Then you're utterly mad. Green-Eyes is the most dangerous foe on the face of the earth. I reckon the gods would even be afraid of him if they walked among us." He silently prayed to his father, telling him it wasn't true, but a tiny little voice in the back of his mind said otherwise. Percy was definitely dangerous enough for that.

Turning back to his ale and draining it, he stood slowly and cracked his knuckles, keeping his weight off of his left leg. "I'll be going now, remember my words. Don't insult Green-Eyes too loudly, he has people everywhere."

He faked a limp to the door and straightened as it closed, ambling off towards the inn he had been staying at for the time being while he tried to find a job. The wind whipped at his jacket and he pulled the cowl of the cloak he was wearing.

As he passed an alley, hands grabbed him, dragging him backwards into the darkness.

"Let go!" He snarled, turning to face his attacker.

The shadows concealed the face of the woman as she shoved a knife up against his throat.

"Who are you and what business have you speaking about Green-Eyes?" She hissed.

"I was merely educating a few landlubbers about the dangers of badmouthing him." Jason answered, keeping as still as he could.

"And how do you know him?" The woman queried.

"I was a seafarer, we were on two ships together." He looked her over quickly, deciding that an attempt to get away made flirting like a bastard worth it. "You know darling, I'd be a little more cooperative if the knife was gone, along with that distracting clothing."

The woman made a disgusted noise. "I'll tell you what I told them all, I have no interest in a wannabe corsair.

Jason felt like a brick had slammed into his head. "Piper?"

The woman froze. "How do you know that name?"

Slowly, trying not to startle her, he raised his hand and pushed back the cowl.

"Jason?"

[A/N Yay, update! sorry that took so long!]