It Took You Long Enough

"Reyna, it's been three days." Piper muttered, standing next to her captain and staring out at the sea with her. "They haven't contacted us...."

"They've found the island." Reyna said simply. "And either my mirror doesn't work or they've forgotten about it. We will wait."

She nodded slowly and turned to look over the ship.

The crew was sitting around, most of the chores having been finished already. Gwen was braiding strips of different colored fabric together, lying on her back on one of the lower sitting branches of the mast. Frank and Thalia were sitting near each other, inspecting their weapons. The Stolls were playing some sort of card game that involved bartering the little trinkets they always seemed to have on their persons.

The daughter of Aphrodite shifted, then stood. "There has to be something we can do."

Reyna didn't say anything as she walked off.

The deck was silent for almost an hour before anything interesting happened.

"Reyna!" Piper ran out onto the deck again. She was holding the mirror.

Reyna leapt to her feet, the rest of the crew turning their attention to the two women.

They crowded around, Reyna and Piper in the front. The mirror was clouded over, but as they watched it became progressively more clear.

Finally, Leo's face appeared in it.

"Leo!" Piper exclaimed.

"Hey everyone. Long time no see." He flashed a grin.

"Did you find Percy?"

"What are you doing, Leo?" A familiar voice asked in the background.

Leo's grin was blinding. "Does that answer your question?"

He moved the mirror away from his face, and the crew could now see Frank and Percy standing off to the side. Percy frowned in confusion at the mirror. "How are you doing that?"

"I dunno. Magic mirror. Man, that'd be a good plot twist for a story."

"How are you feeling, Captain?" Reyna asked with a small smile.

"Confused." Percy answered after a moment.

"He hit his head. Doesn't remember a lot." Frank explained. "We're trying to help."

"Where are you?" Piper asked.

"The Island of Calypso." Leo sighed. "And we're stuck."

"Define 'stuck.'" Reyna raised an eyebrow.

"Basically the entire island is inside a transparent bubble. No one gets in or out. We have no way of leaving-"

"And even if we did, I wouldn't." Percy put in suddenly. This seemed to come as a surprise to Frank and Leo, and they turned to stare at him.

"Why not?!"

"Calypso is here." He frowned. "I think it would be highly unfair to her if we left her."

"I'm used to it." A new voice joined the conversation.

A girl stepped into view. She was quite attractive, with long ginger hair and skin like a pearl. Her expression was sad, but resigned.

"That's how this island works. People come, people go, and I stay. I can't leave." She shrugged. "Of course I ask them to stay with me, but it never happens. And they promise to come back, they all do, but that's impossible."

"There must be a way around that." Percy frowned.

Calypso shook her head.

"Well, until we know how to get you off that island, lets keep in touch once a day." Reyna suggested.

Leo nodded. "I call you?"

"Yes. That way we know the mirror still works day to day."

"Aye aye, cap'n- sorry, sorry, first mate."

Percy chuckled at the response.

Reyna nodded. "Until tomorrow. Stay safe."

"You do the same." Frank nodded seriously.

She nodded again and tapped the mirror against her palm. The image on the glass disappeared.

"So they're trapped on a floating island with a big barrier around it, with no way of getting off." Piper sighed after a moment.

"And even worse, it seems like Captain Jackson doesn't want to leave.... and if he has no memories of us I guess he really doesn't have anything he wants to get back to." Gwen said quietly.

The others nodded and began to chime in with their opinions, except for Mitchell. He was quiet, watching the temporary captain.

"Reyna?" He finally asked. The group got quiet, looking to the daughter of Enyo.

She was staring out over the water, brows furrowed intensely. Anyone could tell she was thinking hard.

"Reyna.... I know that look." Piper said quietly after a moment. "What are you thinking?"

Reyna didn't answer, still glaring determinedly at the horizon.

Gwen reached out and touched her shoulder gently. "Captain?"

"Put to shore." Reyna said suddenly. Everyone looked at each other in surprise. They'd been avoiding land recently, Nico's raids had put villages on high alert for pirates. The son of Hades seemed to be taking his anger out on the locals.

"Cap'n, are ye-"

"I said put to shore!" She barked. "Move it!"

The crew jumped into action, running for their stations. Reyna strode purposefully up to the upper deck, planting herself in front of the wheel.

Thalia was at her side momentarily. Reyna could see the few left in the daughter of Zeus's crew running around on deck and helping.

"What are you planning?" Thalia asked quietly.

Reyna didn't answer.