Calypso

Unknown POV

He woke up in a strange cave. 

There were purple stones covering the walls.

The cot under him was warm from his body heat and softer than he expected.

He sat up, seeing no one in the room.

His head ached, but he didn't know why. He lifted his hand to rub the painful spot, but frowned when he felt his wet hair.

Why was his hair wet? Something told him that wasn't right.

Frowning, he imagined the water on his hair disappearing.

It did.

He nodded decisively. That was better. That was right.

But why had it been wet before?

He must have allowed it to get wet for some reason.

"How did you do that?"

 He jumped in surprise and got to his feet quickly, turning to face the area the voice had come from.

A girl stood in the doorway. She frowned at his response, but put the basket she was carrying against her hip on the table to hold her hands up so he could see them.

"Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you." 

"Who are you? Where am I?"

"I'm Calypso. I took care of you when I found you on my beach. Do you remember anything from before you went unconscious?"

He wracked his brain, getting scared when he realized it was mostly empty. Where were the memories? Were there any?

"I...I remember falling... A long way. Then hitting water.... And that's it."

"That's all you remember?" Calypso asked him gently.

He looked up at her, nodding.

This girl was nice to him. Something nagged at his brain, telling him it wasn't often that girls were nice to him. Was it something he did, or did they just not like men? Or was it coarse joking? He couldn't remember.

"How is your head?"

He rubbed the back of it. "It hurts, but it's not bad."

"Let me see it." Calypso approached slowly, like she expected him to startle. 

He turned around and let her see the back of his head.

"The bruising isn't bad. I couldn't inspect it properly when you were unconscious because I couldn't sit you up and see it fully. You must have hit your head on something, but I don't know what." Her hand moved from his head to his shoulder and he winced slightly.

"Can I check the wounds?" She asked.

He nodded and unbuttoned the top of his shirt, pulling it down past his shoulders.

Calypso sighed. "You've bled through the bandages. You must have been moving around in your sleep."

"My apologies."

"No need to apologize. I would have had to change them anyway. The paste gets old quickly."

"Oh." He said quietly. 

"I need to get some water to get this off, otherwise the bleeding will worsen. I'll be right back." Calypso left the cave and he sat in silence.

"Where am I?" He finally wondered out loud.

"Ogygia." Again he jumped at Calypso's voice.

"What?"

"Ogygia. It's a floating island...and my prison."

"Your prison?"

"Yes." Calypso's sweet face had a shadow to it as she motioned for him to turn around again so she could work on his shoulders. "I've been here since the gods fought the titans. I made a mistake and supported my father, Atlas. The gods decided that even though I did not fight, I needed to be punished, so I was left here."

He hissed as she touched the first wound, having gotten the bandages off.

"Sorry. I need to assess the damage. Do you remember what attacked you?"

He shook his head. "No."

She made a clicking noise with her tongue. "I'll just have to see what I can do then. I doubt there's poison, but tell me if you start feeling any averse affects."

"I will."

Calypso worked silently on his other shoulder, then wrapped the bandages back up again. "You shouldn't do any hard work or anything, but you can go outside if you'd like. You'll probably tire easily, don't go too far unless I am with you."

"Will you walk me to the water?" He asked. He didn't know why, but he wanted to be by the water.

"Of course."

She helped him to his feet and they walked together down to the water.

"Don't go in." Calypso warned him. "I don't want your wound to get infected. The salt will sting horribly as well."

He nodded and turned around, scanning the island.

"Rather pretty prison."

"Yeah, they were nice to me in that part. I can gather food and flowers, and tend the gardens."

"But you don't like it here." It wasn't a question.

Calypso sighed. "No. I get lonely. They send a hero every once in a while, but they all leave me."

He felt a twinge in his gut. After a moment of frowning confusion, he realized it was guilt. He was guilty. But why?

"Are you going to leave me?" She asked softly.

"No." He said. "If I have to leave this island, I will take you with me."

Calypso laughed sadly. "And how do you plan to do that? You have almost no memories. Do you even remember your name?"

He stopped, thinking hard. Did he remember his own name?

"I...I don't."

"That's what I thought." Calypso sighed, walking down the beach a ways and leaving him to think.

[A/N I'm sure you all know who our mystery man is]