Who Is He?

The crews tossed grappling hooks to each other, pulling until they could board either way.

There had been no sign of the mysterious murder man, and the ships had drifted two cable lengths from each other for a week.

"I don't like this." Percy said as they sat in Nico's personal quarters, discussing the events, or lack thereof.

"He's massing troops or something." Thalia muttered. She was extremely miffed that she could not identify the man who seemed so bent on slitting her throat.

"If he is, we may have a problem on our hands." Nico tapped his fingers thoughtfully on the table. "I can only summon so many skeleton warriors out at sea, I am limited to the bones inside my hull."

"Jason can contribute with lightning and wind warriors, as can Thalia I'm sure, and various members of our crews can add. I haven't tried making a creature from water, maybe it was time I did." Percy was ticking off their assets on his fingers.

"Lou Ellen has been working her tail off making various magical attacks that can be used by anyone, simply by throwing one of the orbs." Nico added.

"There's that, and I believe we may be going up against one of her siblings." Percy said after a moment of silence.

"When did you come to this conclusion?" Thalia sat up straight, glaring at him. "I've been digging though my memories, trying to figure out who he is, and you only mention this now?"

"I only considered it an option starting yesterday." Percy replied without a trace of regret or fear at the anger in his cousin's eyes. "But it would be a logical conclusion."

"And why is that?" Nico asked.

"Everything he's been doing. He travels quickly, without any boats or means of transportation. He's been controlling people somehow, and it took us a while to figure out how to fight it. He's got this mysterious aura, and he seems to have control over the Mist of Hecate." Percy explained.

"Well that narrows the field down." Thalia exclaimed. "I could figure out who he is!"

"How long will it take you to figure it out?"

"Not long. Give me twenty minutes."

The boys nodded and all three of them headed out on deck.

"Jason, how are you feeling?" The blond was sitting by the rail of the Doriana, staring out to sea.

"Better. My head doesn't hurt so much anymore."

When Piper had pulled him out from under the man's influence, Jason had complained of severe headaches that almost sent him unconscious.

"Has Piper released Hazel yet?" Nico asked.

"I don't think so. She's trying to find a way that's less painful, I think." Percy replied.

Footsteps behind them made the three turn.

Frank was heading their way, dragging the Stoll boys along with him.

"What happened?" Percy sighed.

"Lou Ellen caught them in her kitchen."

"We were hungry!" Travis exclaimed defensively.

"Ye cou'a jus' asked." Lou snapped, having followed the trio of boys over to the captains. "'Stead o' stealin' me ingredien's."

"Stealin's what we do!" Connor snapped. "Stealin's natural as walkin'!"

"Well fix it. I will not have you antagonizing our allies." Percy ordered.

The two glared at him.

"You ain't our cap'n!"

"Your captain no longer has a ship. You are living and working on mine, so I'd say I at least have a little bit of power over you."

The two boys scowled at him, but nodded.

"I can keep an eye on them for you Cap'n." Frank offered.

"That is a great idea. Keep them away from things of value." Percy replied.

"You got it, Cap." Frank turned the two loose and glared at them when they looked for a moment like they were going to make a run for it.

Nico watched them walk off, then turned to Percy. "How did you get your crew listen to you so well?"

"What do you mean?"

"I don't think I've seen any of your crew ever mouth back after being given an order, unless it's friendly banter. Even when you pulled Clarisse and Reyna apart and told everyone we would be working together, none of your crew complained."

"I suppose they respect me. You'd have to ask them for a straight answer." Percy replied.

"Captain, I need you to retrieve something for me!" Piper yelled from the door to the belowdecks area.

"Coming!" Percy called back, heading her way.

Nico and Thalia watched him go, surprised he was so uncaring of how much his crew seemed to look up to him.

"They'd follow him to death without question." Nico said.

"And after they'd follow him to Tartarus." Thalia murmured back.

[A/N aye chappie!]