Moonlace

Calypso watched the boy who had washed up on her beach. He sat near the water, staring out at the horizon and who knew what.

She wondered again where he had come from. He didn't remember anything.

Could it be that the gods had finally sent her someone that would stay with her?

Calypso shook her head. She couldn't get her hopes up. Gods knew that they'd be dashed to the side if she did.

"Hey!" She called, loud enough to be heard over the waves that were coming in. "Hey!"

The boy looked up, twisting to look at her.

"I've got dinner ready, if you're hungry." She called.

He climbed to his feet and began the trek back to her cave.

Calypso went back inside and sat down at her table, in front of one of the two plates she had set out. She began to eat, waiting for the boy to get back.

After a few minutes, she frowned and stood, wondering if he had fallen or something and going to search for him.

She found him by one of her gardens.

"What are those?" He asked, pointing at the white flowers whose petals were squeezed tightly shut.

"It's moonlace." Calypso said simply. "Come back out here after the sun sets and you'll see why."

He nodded, not taking his eyes off the flowers. 

"Come on, let's go eat." Calypso gently began to steer him towards the cave.

Once they had finished dinner, the invisible servants that occupied the island began to clean up after them.

"What should I call you?" Calypso wondered absentmindedly.

"What?" The boy asked.

"What should I call you? I can't just call you 'Boy' or 'Hey you,' you need to have a name."

He frowned. "I don't know..."

"Can you remember your name?"

"I...I was thinking about it earlier...by the water...it was starting to come back to me. P-E."

"P-E? That's not much to go on."

"I'm sure it will come to me eventually." he shrugged.

Calypso sighed, then glanced out the door of her cave.

"The sun is down now, if you want to look at the moonlace."

The boy stood up and went outside. Calypso stayed where she was. She'd seen the wonderful flower bloom hundreds of times.

------------------------------------

The boy had a dream that night. He dreamed he was on the deck of a ship. He stood next to the mast as the crew members bustled around him.

"Reyna, Nico just sent something over!" A girl shouted. She held up a glass bottle with a note in it.

The woman at the helm of the ship shouted back. "Bring it up! And bring Jason with you!"

The choppy haired girl grabbed a blond boy near her with a small scar on his lip and dragged him up the stairs to their captain.

The boy's consciousness floated after them. He ended up standing in on the opposite side of the wheel from the three, who were clustered around the girl with the bottle. Another boy had joined them.

"Nico contacted his father, and he said Percy isn't in the Underworld."

The boy felt a zing fly through his consciousness when the Reyna girl said that name.

Is that my name? He wondered.

"So he's alive!" The girl with the choppy brown hair exclaimed.

"But we don't know where he is." The blond boy said.

"Don't be a downer, Jason. We can find him." The girl insisted.

"What if we don't, Piper?" The burly boy who had been silent so far spoke suddenly. "Or what if, by the time we've reached him, something's killed him?"

"Oh don't talk about that, Frank!" Piper complained. "I believe in our captain and I believe we will find him."

"We'll find him or he'll find us." Reyna said. "We just have to pray that we're all in one piece when it happens."

The four of them continued to talk, but their voices began to fade. The boy felt himself being pulled backwards very quickly, like he was falling. 

Suddenly he sat up in bed, feeling like he had just hit the ground. He was breathing heavily, though he didn't know why.

"Are you okay? Is something wrong?" Calypso asked. He couldn't see where she was, it was dark, but soon a lamp was lit and he could see her standing next to his cot in a nightgown.

"It was nothing...I just had a dream." He waved her off, still sweating. And shaking, he realized, but he chose to ignore that. Those people in his dream, he knew them. Somehow.

"What was it about?"

"I don't remember." The lie rolled off his tongue before he could decide whether or not he wanted to tell the truth.

"Oh." Calypso shrugged. "Then it can't have been that important."

She turned around and started to go back to wherever she was sleeping.

"I remember my name." He called after her.

Calypso turned, surprise written on her features. "Really? What is it?"

He took a deep breath. "Percy."

[A/N dreams are fun sometimes...I started a new story guys(I know, I need to stop doing that and actually finish something)! It's called Some Other World and the prologue/summary and the first chapter are up]