Landing the Doriana

"Reyna! Land!" Piper screamed from the rigging. She and Gwen scrambled along the beams, working the sails along with the erratic wind.

"Jason, fix these gusts!" Reyna barked. She was completely focused on the sandbar she could see ahead, leading to a vibrant island. She could see vague figures on the beach, but had no way of telling who it could be, if they were even human beings.

Gods she was praying.

It felt like they'd been on the seas for hours, moving in the direction she'd been told to go and searching any islands they'd come across.

Three so far. Each more barren and empty than the last. It was driving Reyna absolutely insane.

"Should have made a clearer deal..." She muttered under her breath, casting an irritated glance up at the sky. A crack of thunder crashed in the distance and she rolled her eyes.

The ship began to move more steadily and Reyna gave Jason a quick nod, which he returned before closing his eyes.

"Sherman, prepare to drop anchor! Mitchell, get a coil of rope ready!"

"Yes Cap'n!" The two of them shouted.

"Stop calling me that!" Reyna yelled back, still focusing her gaze on the island. "We're finding Captain Jackson right now."

"Four people on the beach!" Piper informed her from the rigging.

"Any clue as to who they are?"

"Um... One is definitely a girl? I think anyway. Very long hair."

Reyna nodded, realizing after a moment that Piper probably didn't see it. "Let me know what else you can figure out! Nakamura, get the captain's quarters ready! Don't touch anything personal of his, just make sure there are blankets and food waiting!"

"Yes ma'am!" Ethan scrambled down into the bottom of the ship.

"You don't know if this is him."

"I don't remember asking your opinion, di Angelo." Reyna said flatly.

She nearly felt the son of Hades roll his eyes at her. "I was just pointing out the unspoken issue."

"I'm fairly sure Reyna has taken some sort of precaution to make sure we find Jackson." Thalia commented from the other side of the wheel. She was leaning on the railing, watching the ever-growing island.

"I have." Reyna said calmly. "Piper, status report!"

"Three men and a woman! That's all I've got!"

"Keep me posted!" Reyna checked the small compass attached to a scrap of cloth on her waist.

North. Good. She clicked it closed again and let it dangle at her hip.

"What do you want the two of us to do?" Thalia asked her. Reyna looked at the daughter of Zeus in surprise.

"What do you mean?"

"Well you've been dishing out orders left and right, but so far the only thing you've told the two of us is to shut up." Thalia pointed out.

"Well maybe you should just do that." Reyna said casually.

Thalia rolled her eyes and began to walk towards the main deck.

"Where are you going?" Nico asked. 

"Raiding the kitchen. You want anything?"

"No...." He walked over to the railing and peered out at the island, trying to see closer.

They were getting close to the shallows now. Reyna knew she'd either have to beach the ship or drop the anchor now... She didn't want to deal with the hassle of rowing to the island.

"Change of plans, Sherman!" She shouted. "We're careening her!"

"What?!" Nearly everyone turned to stare at her.

"You heard me! Get ready to beach her! We'll clean the hull and see if there's some supplies we can restock with." Reyna glanced up at the rigging, looking for Piper.

The girl was grinning at her from the main crossbar.

"What do you have for me?"

"It's definitely him! And Frank and Leo with him!"

"Fantastic." Reyna nodded. "You and Gwen get the sails tied down once we're beached."

"You got it." She scrambled up to the second crossbar.

"Reyna are you sure this is a good idea?" Nico asked. "It takes a lot to get a ship off a beach like that."

"We've got Percy." Reyna said calmly. "The ocean will be on our side."

"If you say so...." The son of Hades walked down the stairs to the main deck.

"We're coming up on the sandbar pretty quick, Reyna!"

"I've got it. We'll be fine."

She'd never actually careened a ship before. Percy had done it a couple times, and Reyna had watched.

"Can't be that hard." She muttered.

And it wasn't. Reyna pulled it off pretty easily, and she figured Percy could fix any issues.

"Set the ship and get cleaning her." She barked to the crew, then strode purposely towards the lower deck railing.

"Reyna where are you going?" Piper's feet hit the deck with a light slap.

Reyna didn't answer. She calmly grabbed the rope that was tied to the end of the main crossbar and untied it from the railing.

Piper chuckled softly and the daughter of Enyo turned to her.

"Go on. Go get him."

Reyna leapt over the railing, dropping down the rope. With the lean of the ship, she was in no danger of hitting the side of the ship.

Her boots hit the sand with a thump.

"Hey Rey!" Leo was walking towards her. Reyna pushed him aside.

"Reyna." Frank nodded. He stepped aside for her, and Percy was standing behind him.

Reyna marched up to the slightly confused son of Poseidon and took his face in her hands, kissing him deeply.

[A/N idk if any of you have seen that comic of Shiro punching fake Shiro and Lotor when he returns and then kissing Allura while Lance is SHOOK in the background but that's what the last little part was based off of, I was gonna attach it but I can't find it]