BrainPower

Percy glared out at the waves. He'd had another strange dream last night, of the dark haired girl named Reyna. Though it had been late in the night, she was working, standing around a map with a few others.

They had been looking for someone. No names were mentioned, but he got a feeling this person was important.

"We need him back." Reyna had insisted to her comrades. "He's instrumental to this fight."

She was determined. He could see it in everything she did, from the aggressive stance she took to the sharp movements she made, from the angry flash that flickered in her dark eyes when someone countered her to the hand that rested on her sword as if she was seeking a fight.

"And what if we can't find him?" The girl with the spiky black hair had retorted. Something in her eyes reminded Percy of a thunderstorm. They were restless and angry, a typhoon of emotions brewing down in their depths.

"If we don't find him, Thalia, we will all die." Reyna had responded gravely.

"See anything out in those waves?" Calypso's voice was light and slightly teasing.

"I'm just thinking about things." He shrugged.

"Like what?" Calypso sat next to him. "I don't think there's much in there to think about at the moment, is there?" She tapped the side of his head lightly with her finger.

Percy shrugged. "I'm just....trying to remember."

"How's it going?"

"Not well. I can remember a few names, but that's about it."

"Maybe if you tell me those names I can help you." Calypso said.

Percy almost said no, then stopped himself. It was a better option than running the names through his mind over and over.

"Like I said, there's only a few of them." He started hesitantly.

"Go ahead." Calypso took his hand and squeezed it. "I'm sure we can figure something out."

Percy nodded and pulled the names from his dream. "Reyna. Nico. Jason. Piper. Frank. Hazel. Thalia."

Calypso nodded. "Okay, let's start simply. Do any of those names make you think of specific things? Or bring forth strong feelings?"

Percy ran the names through his head again.

"'Nico' makes me think of shadows."

"Good, anything else?" Calypso coaxed him on. This was the first time he'd talked about any memories, and while she didn't want to push him too far and make him retreat into himself again, she also wanted to help him.

"Hazel.....I smell cinnamon when I think of the name...."

"Possibly a feature of hers?"

"I..." Hazel's name had come to him in the second dream, the one of Reyna in the ship. She hadn't been present, but the boy they called Nico had spoken of her, as if he were close to her.

"Curls." He finally said. "I remember curls."

"Is that everything?" Calypso asked. She immediately added to the question, "it's okay if it is. You're remembering some things and that's good."

Percy shrugged. "The only other name that makes me pause is Reyna..."

"Is it a feeling or an image?"

"My heart beats faster." He said honestly.

"Good faster or bad faster?" Calypso pressed. This much she needed to know.

"Good, I think."

"Well that's good." Calypso patted his shoulder and stood. "Dinner will be ready in an hour. Enjoy your wave watching."

"Thank you." Percy told her. "For everything. For taking care of me, for helping me."

Calypso smiled sadly at him. "It's the least I could do."

Percy turned back to the ocean, listening as her footsteps disappeared beneath the roaring sound of the waves.

He hadn't told her what he'd tried.

Early that morning, he'd gone swimming. Hoping beyond all hope he could find something that would help him, he set off in one direction and kept straight on.

After several hours, the island had come back into sight. He knew there was some sort of spell, and he knew he wouldn't be able to get past it.

"I know someone's waiting for me." He murmured to the waves.

A word popped into his head. A single word, one that would seem unimportant to the normal mind.

But Percy's was not a normal mind. He was fighting, clawing at memories that lay just out of reach.

His persistence seemed to have paid off, a small victory in those many defeats he had suffered while trying to find himself.

"Someone's waiting for me." He repeated. "And not just one person."

He stood and faced the waves, feeling the salty breeze flow over him. It smelled like the home he couldn't remember, it smelled like the few memories he had.

"My crew is waiting for me. And I'm not going to disappoint them."

[A/N I had an idea guys! See, it's right here! And it is a decent length chapter (at least for me, it is)! Hopefully these will continue. I did update son of none, but the app was acting strange so you might not have gotten the notification. There is a new chapter! Go check it out!]