The Order of Magic

A dark figure walked confidently through the village, not bothering to keep to the shadows.

No one was out, he knew that. 

There would be no one to witness this meeting.

He reached the designated place and quickly scrambled up the walls of the two houses next to it, planting one foot on one side and pushing off, then doing the same on the other.

Standing on the roof was the person he was coming to see.

The two surveyed each other for a few moments before he spoke.

"A bag has something in it, yet nothing. How?"

"There is a hole in it." A woman's voice replied. "If I have it, I don't share it. If I share it I don't have it. Why?"

"It is a secret." He nodded.

Both of them stepped forward so they were closer together and there was no chance of seeing either of them from the street below.

"I've given you long enough. Did you do it?"

"I didn't get as many as you asked for, but I got some." The woman replied calmly.

"Show me."

If anyone had been watching the back of that house, they would have seen two dark figures drop from the roof and start off down the spaces between the backs of the houses facing the street.

"Do they know?" The man asked.

"Some of them do. They want to help. The others think they're just there to speak with someone important."

"Are you saying they aren't?"

"No. But what they think they'll be doing is a lot different than what they will be doing."

"Are you sure they're all demigods?" He asked.

"Mostly. Does it matter if they are or not? They'll follow orders either way, especially under your powers."

The man nodded after a moment. "That is a valid point."

"We're here. They're in the basement, I rented it from the owner." The woman had stopped in front of a tavern that seemed rather barren. 

They stepped inside and the man on duty nodded to the woman. 

"Another one for the meeting? They be gettin' antsy down there, miss."

"I'll fix that soon enough." The man said calmly.

"Yer the ringleader then? That's a purty little club you got down there."

"It is far from a club." The man growled. "We have one purpose and one purpose only."

"And wha's that, buddy?" The inkeeper asked, smiling at the boy in front of him. He could tell the two of them were young, as were the people downstairs, and he figured it wasn't much to be worried about.

"To destroy the Three Pirates." The hooded boy said with complete certainty.

"Wha', Green Eyes, Dark and Light? Good luck with that, kid."

"I am no child. I could separate your head from your shoulders before you knew I moved."

The sound of angry shouting came from the basement.

"Yeh'd better get to yer little friends." The inkeeper teased.

The two turned slowly to go, then the boy pivoted again and in one sweeping motion, decapitated the chuckling old man with his sword.

"Was that absolutely necessary?" The girl asked, scowling as she inspected the blood that had landed on her cloak.

"Yes." The boy replied calmly, walking towards the stairs to the basement.

The room below them was a complete mess. Teens were yelling and screaming, a few chairs had flown through the air and the pieces were now being used as weapons against others in the all out brawl that had broken out.

The two newcomers examined the group for a few moments before the boy turned to the girl. 

"Shut them up."

The girl stepped forward and scooped a discarded chair leg that was a little thicker than her forearm. Marching up to the biggest boy in the room, she cracked the wood over his head loud enough for most of the room to turn and look.

When the boy hit the ground, unconscious from the impact, all movement of the room slowed to a stop to stare at the woman.

Instead of speaking, she turned to the man she had entered with, transferring all attention to him.

He spoke slowly. "If you have special parentage, move to the left. If you have normal parents, mother and father, whether they be with you or gone, stand to the right."

Slowly the room separated. There were more demigods than mortals, which made the man smile, not that anyone could see it.

"Demigods, seize the mortals and keep them here. They will be brought up to me one by one for a special procedure." 

Panic ensued as the demigods rushed the mortals excitedly.

The boy turned to his companion, pulling off his hood to reveal dark brown hair and green eyes. "You will regulate the flow of mortals coming to me. I will take one of the upstairs rooms, bring them up and I will send them back down when I'm ready for the next one."

The girl stiffened, not seeming to like being ordered.

"I know that posture. I saved you from that brute of a Grace boy because I felt you could be useful. I am the founder of the Order of Magic and I will not take disobedience well."

The girl pulled back her hood, revealing pale skin and dark, angry eyes. "My apologies, sir."

"Don't use that tone with me Drew. Send them up one at a time. I'll start with that one." He pointed to a terrified looking blonde girl, who began to scream in terror.

"Oh shut up." He slapped a hand over her mouth and dragged her out of the room by her arm.

[A/N dun dun dun! So the Order of Magic is the group that the guy who's attacking the big three kids started. The picture is him.]