Stealing Away

The children of the Big Three leapt forward at the same time, and Reyna, Piper, and Annabeth all followed. Reyna shot her crew a look that said only to intervene if it was necessary, then the six demigods were moving in a deadly dance around the man who was almost a god. Thalia's first hit landed, revealing red blood, and she grinned evilly.

"Not so high and mighty now, are you?"

"Remember, we need him alive." Reyna spoke loud enough to be heard over the fighting.

"Going easy on me, then?" Ladan sneered.

"Hardly." The daughter of Enyo shoved him backward, forcing him to dodge both Thalia and Piper. "You're going to meet your maker, but we won't be the ones to do it."

After that the conversation stopped. Ethan slipped through the group of watching demigods, standing next to Leo.

"I would have thought that Annabeth would have been his biggest threat," he said quietly to the son of Hephaestus. "She had to live with him, didn't she?" 

"Piper lived in the castle too." Leo responded quietly, watching the daughter of Aphrodite's snarl as she attacked again, shoving Ladan back aggressively. "She was a maidservant, and if I had to guess I'd say he was even worse to her."

"A safe assumption." Ethan nodded.

Jason shot up into the air suddenly, a higher jump than even the average demigod would be able to produce. As Ladan spun to face him, the son of Zeus lashed out, kicking him in the head.

Ladan crashed to the ground, dazed and defeated. As he looked up with blurry gaze, Piper's face swam in front of him.

"Night night." She sneered, bringing the handle of her knife down on the side of his head.

"You didn't kill him, did you?" Reyna frowned as the man went limp, his eyes rolling back.

Piper shook her head, pointing at his chest. "He's breathing. Let's get going before he wakes up, I don't think we should try to bring the Fates into things until we're clear of the city."

 Reyna nodded and looked over at Nico. "Thank you. I'll be honest I completely forgot you were here to help us."

Nico nodded and Frank walked over to Ladan, unceremoniously hauling him up over his shoulders after Piper tied him up.

Reyna turned to Annabeth. "Lead the way, Princess."

Annabeth winced, but nodded. She knew Reyna was not her biggest fan, she was not going to say anything to aggravate the captain.

As they walked through the castle, Annabeth allowed the high-bred air of superiority return, just in case they came across anyone. 

It turned out that it wasn't needed. The castle was very quiet, and the only people Annabeth interacted with were the two guards who she made open the gates out of the castle courtyard.

As they had walked up to the guards, Frank subtly let Ladan off of his shoulders, holding him up so it seemed like he was only leaning against him heavily. He glanced at Thalia, walking behind him, and she nodded before tugging Jason and Piper to help her.

The four demigods made a body shield around their prisoner, hiding him from sight. Once they were all out on the streets, Frank casually hauled the body up again and kept walking.

"We should move faster, I have a feeling we'll have to wrest the ship free." Reyna frowned.

She was partially right. The docks were swarming with guards, and the first one to spot them coming raised an alarm.

"Let's go!" Reyna shouted, drawing her blade. She heard similar sounds all around her and charged into battle with her crew.

They fought their way towards the Doriana, shoving guards off the docks whenever possible. That was the easiest way to clear the path.

"There's someone on the ship!" Piper shouted, surging ahead. Reyna's head shot up and she saw the figure of a man waiting for them next to the railing.

"That's not Percy." Leo commented.

"No it is not. Lets get up there."

As they reached the ship, the man grinned at them and lowered the gangplank. Reyna raised her eyebrows, but sidestepped as always and let her crew board first. "Pull it up and get moving!" She barked, turning to face the guards.

Something cold and wet suddenly grabbed her around the waist. Reyna screamed as she was lifted into the air by a huge column of water. After a few moments of heart-stopping weightlessness, she felt the deck under her boots and suddenly they were shooting backward, out of the docks.

Reyna caught her breath and looked up at the man standing in the middle of the ship.

"Lord Poseidon?"