TEN

The next day, after all my classes, I meet up with Toby, Valerie and Alec in front of the library. Last night, I didn't tell Niall that I would work in a group with his girlfriend. Maybe she told him already, I thought but deep inside I was actually afraid to even mention her name. I don't want him to get angry again or turn cold as he did the times before. He probably wants to keep their relationship as low profile as possible, despite the fact that they go out on dates and get photographed by paparazzi.

Myphone buzzes and it's a text from Niall. Can we talk latertoday? Around 10?

Me: Sure.

Niall: Are you mad?

Me: Is there a reason to be mad?

Niall: No.

Me: See you just answered your own question. I quote him from Saturday and put my phone into my bag.

"Olivia!"A male voice exclaims. I turn around and see Toby, Valerie and Alec coming up to me. Once they stand in front of me, we quickly introduce each other to one another and then get in. We go to the very back of the library where usually no one is and take a seat at a round table. In the first floor, where we are now, is everything much more modern than upstairs. We start discussing our project and the book we have to present. All of us still have to read it, so that's what we do. We can't start a project without reading the book, can we?

"I'm exhausted." Alec moans and slams the book close. We four are all at 1/4 of the whole book, after an hour. Alec crosses his arms on the table and lays his head down.

"Same." Toby mimics him and even closes his eyes.

"Boys, come on!" Valerie rolls her eyes but also puts the book down.

"We should take a break. My eyes are burning." I suggest and they nod agreeing. Now it's the perfect timing to ask Valerie about Niall... But I decide not to. Might be better if I don't. Maybe she doesn't want to talk about their relationship either.

"Why have I never seen you in Class?" I ask, not really directed to either Valerie or Alec.

"I sit in the back." Alec says yawning.

"I sit in the front." Valerie smiles as her phone buzzes. Since we sit next to each other, I sneakily take a look. It's from Niall. He sent her a long text and I really can't be bothered to read it all now. Especially because I have to read without anyone noticing it and especially because it's non of my business. Why has Niall never texted me such a long text? My inner voice questions and I find myself getting a bit jealous. I shake my head, closing my eyes and take a deep breath.

"Is everything alright?" Toby asks and I just nod. I take another deep breath and stand up.

"I'll be right back." I tell him.

"Oh! I'm coming with you." Valerie stands up as if she knows that I am going to the bathroom. I just smile and take my contacts case and glasses case out of my bag. Valerie follows me quietly to the bathroom. As she locks herself into a stall, I wash my hands. Then I take my contacts out and wash my face. When Valerie comes out again and washes her hands, I put my glasses on.

"Wow, you look cute with glasses." She compliments smiling.

"Thanks." I blush and follow her out. Back at our table, we sit down and continue to read. The boys also start reading after each of them yawn loudly.

Two hours later, we decide to go home and read the rest at home. Valerie and I talk on the way to the student accommodation, since we both live in there. Yet again, I could bring up Niall, but something tells me not to. Instead we talk about the book until we get into the elevator.