FOURTEEN

Please vote and comment xx

I've never been that kind of girl, who went out a lot and dated. As long as I can remember, all I've been interested in books and my grades. I don't know if it has always been like that, because I can't remember majority of my life from the age of zero to 13. The very first memory I have is from a Christmas eve. My parents were still together and we just moved to Dublin. The house we lived in was brand new and all the furniture was freshly built up. I can't remember were we lived before, as well as I can't remember how my family was before that day. This christmas Ethan and I got big presents. "It's a part of your gift for your 14th birthday." Mum smiled at us twins and gave us two suitcases. She, dad and Ethan were aware of the fact that I can't remember things that happened before that day. They never talk about it and when I would ask how I was, they would always say the same thing. "You were a nice, smart and cheerful girl. Always reading and listening to music. Never got in trouble for anything and always kind to others." I never questioned if that might be wrong. I just lived by it. Fast forward to Ethan and mine 14th birthday, we got airplane tickets to New York. As soon as the summer holidays started, we were on a airplane flying across to ocean. That holiday, my parents told us twins that they would divorce. It came out of nowhere. Never had I heard them fight of saw them fight. I haver saw them upset because of the other. Honestly, it wasn't a big deal for me. I was like "if they don't love each other, it's better that way." As least I told myself that it isn't a big deal.

The next few years were filled with trying every instrument you can think of, actually being good in a few, and studying and reading. School was my main priority except family. Even though school was very important, I still managed to squeeze in a few crushes on a few boys and one relationship. Aaron was his name, six months we lasted. I had a crush on a him and on my 16th birthday he asked me to his girlfriend after we had a few dates. I said yes but broke up when school started. Only now that I think about my past, I notice how I actually know nothing about love. The feeling love and what do to when you're in love. I never really need to know it anyway.

Now I am in my bed, rethinking my whole life whilst starring at the ceiling. Was I ever really happy? I ask myself and can't seem to find an answer. I want to go to sleep and wake up on a fresh new day but it's too early. Why can't I just skip to the part of my life where I am married to the man I truly love, living in a gorgeous house in London and having my three kids - Girl, and twins a girl and boy. I want to have a good job and have a happy life and maybe a dog. Why can't I just skip forward to that?, I ask myself and groan into my pillow. I grab my phone and turn my head to the side so that I can actually look at it. After turning airplane mode off, which I turned on because I really can't be bothered to talk to anyone now, I see ten missed calls from Niall, one from Ally plus 100 messages from her. I deleted all the missed calls and all the messages. Knowing that Niall will see it, I tweet: "I want to, but I can't."

I put my phone away and my flat door opens. "Hey!" Alison's voice fills my flat. The door falls into the lock as she throws a bag of crisps at me.

"What are you...?" I can't finish my sentence because of the ice cream box that she's throwing at me. I catch it and then Ally sits down on my bed across from me.

"Niall called. He was pretty worried about you because you ran away." She explains and gives me a spoon.

"What did you tell him?" I ask as I open the box.

"That you probably ran home since you don't really know a lot of places in London. Either that or you took a train to Brighton to see your dad." She tells me as I eat the chocolate cookie dough ice cream.

"So how do you know that I am here?" I ask, already knowing what her answer will be.

"Intuition." Knew it!, I think and smile to myself. Alison really knows me well. "So tell me what happened."