Chapter 22 - Always there for you

*Niall's POV*

I'm so nervous. My palms are sweaty, my leg is jumpy and I'm actually feeling a bit dizzy.

Soon I'll be on the plane to Ireland to tell my whole family that I'm in a relationship. With a boy. Harry.

This is literally the scariest thing I've ever tried. Auditioning for the x-factor, performing in front of thousands and thousands of people, being on different shows and live television. Nothing compared to this.

'I don't know if I can do it...'

I wrote to Harry, even though I felt bad about it. We'd talked a lot about it and he's just been so supportive and nice and thoughtful and carring. He even offered to go with me, which I didn't want, just in case things went wrong.

A few minutes later my phone rang and I picked it up.

"Hi love" Harry's shooting voice sounded.

" 'M sorry"

"You don't have to apologize, honey"

"Yeah I do. Yeh just told ya parents like tha' and I don't even know if I can tell mine" I rambled.

"Just tell them when you'er ready, Ni"

I stayed quiet for a while, just thinking about Harry. I can't believe he is this supporting and sweet. I've been talking about this constantly the last two days and he has been noting but understanding. Sometimes I'm wondering how deep I've fallen for him. I really really like him but do I love him? I know I do as a friend and everything, but this is different. I just know that when I look into his eyes and he smiles at me, I feel happy and safe and I know everything is gonna be alright. And that's what made me decide to tell them, I mean, no matter what I'd always have Harry.

" 'M gonna do it"

"You don't have to, Ni"

"No I know, but I want to"

"All right, just call me if you need me. I'll always be here for you"

"I know, thanks love"

We said our goodbyes and hung up. I got a bit scared for a moment when I though I was gonna say 'I love you' to Harry, but I didn't and everything is fine. I'm not ready to tell him that no matter if I do love him or not and I'm not sure if he is ready to hear so or feel the same way.

"Your plane is ready, Niall" Richard announced and I stood up to get my bags. He followed me through the airport to the plane where Paul was waiting. He was going with me to Ireland to wisit some family too, he'd told me that his wife was already there and that he was gonna join.

"Hey kid"

"Paul" I smiled and gave him a quick hug and a pat on the back. I was glad he was going with me because I knew that if things got really bad I could always call him and maybe even tell him the whole thing. I'm not sure if he already knows because he sometimes gives me a smug smile or wears a grin when he passes me and Harry. I gotta ask Harry if he has told him...

"So are ya excited to see yeh family?" I asked him when we were seated.

"Very" he answered with a nod "And I bet you are too"

"Yeah" I said because even though I'm very nervous I almost never see them and I just love being together with all of them.

"So why the sudden rush to go just for one night?" Paul asked, this smirk plastered to his face again.

"Just found an open space in the calender before all the interviews and gigs for the movie" I shrugged and looked out the window. I still don't feel comfortable lying to the people around us, even though I am getting better at it.