forty one

Camila realized very quickly that once they got Presley to start talking, it would be difficult for her to stop.

"What's that?" the tiny girl asked, pointing to the box of cereal Camila had brought over from the kitchen. Presley was seated in the dining room, sitting on a small booster seat so that she could reach the table.

"Fruit loops," Camila read off the front of the box, nodding softly. "Are these okay? We are out of muffins...." She set the box down on the table, biting her lip.

"I like these," Presley nodded, giving Camila a crooked smile. She lifted her bowl in the air, looking at the girl hopefully.

"Good," Camila giggled, opening the box and carefully pouring a small amount of cereal into the bowl. She slipped back into the kitchen, putting the box back in its place and retrieving a jug of milk.

Camila paused when she walked back into the dining room to find the cereal dumped out of the bowl. She raised an eyebrow, watching as Presley carefully separated the pieces of cereal into separate piles. One for each color.

"What are you doing?" Camila asked, tilting her head to the side.

Presley paused, a blue fruit loop in her fingers. She looked up at Camila and then back down at the cereal. "Putting them with their friends," she nodded, continuing to organize the small pieces.

"Oh," Camila laughed softly. The brown eyed girl sat down at the table, watching as Presley carefully added a blue fruit loop to the blue pile.

"Close your eyes," Presley giggled, looking up at Camila. The older girl raised an eyebrow, but did as she was told.

Camila waited as she heard Presley lean over the table, pressing something against her lips. "Eat it," the small child giggled, poking Camila's cheek with her other hand.

Trusting the girl, Camila opened her mouth and allowed her to place a single piece of cereal on her tongue. Opening her eyes, Camila chewed for a few moments, giving Presley a questioning look.

"What color does it taste like?" Presley giggled, sitting up in her seat slightly and looking at Camila with a curious expression on her face.

"Color?" Camila laughed and raised an eyebrow. "How do you taste a color?"

The tiny girl giggled, plucking a blue fruit loop from the pile and popping it into her mouth. "Like this!" she smiled widely. "It's blue."

"What does blue taste like?" Camila asked, a soft smile forming on her lips. Presley paused, debating this for a few moments.

"The sky," she giggled, clasping her hands together.

"What does the sky taste like?" Camila couldn't help but laugh, watching as Presley's expression fell slightly as she pondered her question.

"Like blue fruit loops," the caramel girl finally spoke up, giggling and offering Camila a piece of cereal from the pile.

"Makes sense," Camila smiled softly to herself, enjoying the smaller girl's conversation. She accepted the offering, popping the piece of cereal into her mouth.

"Can he try?"

Camila lifted her head, looking at Presley who was pointing to something below them. Glancing down, Camila giggled when she saw Wolf circling around their feet. "Sure."

Smiling excitedly, Presley carefully selected an orange fruit loop and set it down on the floor in front of Wolf. Camila then snapped her fingers, gaining his attention and making him sniff the piece of food on the floor.