forty six

[alright babes. you've been warned. there's smut in this chapter. if you don't feel like reading it all you have to do is skip straight on forward to chapter 47. enjoy.]

"I'll be right back," Lauren whispered once they'd sat in silence for a few moments. "Wolf needs his food otherwise he'll throw a fit."

Laughing softly, Camila nodded, grabbing her phone and lying back on the bed as Lauren disappeared down the hallway. The smaller girl yawned, pulling the blankets over her legs and focusing her eyes on her phone.

Once Wolf had food in his bowl and all the doors were locked, Lauren reappeared in the bedroom. She quirked an eyebrow at her wife. "Tired already? It's only eight o'clock."

"Nah," Camila shrugged. "Just cold."

"Yeah? Here," Lauren disappeared in the closet, emerging moments later with another blanket to toss atop the bed. Camila laughed softly, scooting over to make room for the green eyed girl.

Grabbing her copy of Perks of Being a Wallflower, Lauren slipped under the covers beside the girl and leaned back against the headboard.

They lay like that for a while in comfortable silence. Lauren's eyes were trained on her book. Camila would peer over every once in a while and smile when she saw just how hard the girl was concentrating. Her eyebrows were stitched together and her lip was curled slightly.

Camila, on the other hand, would giggle every few minutes and roll over on her side to show Lauren another funny post she'd found on their tumblr. Lauren would mumble 'reblog it' before they'd both go back to their respective positions.

This lasted for a while, until the buzz of Lauren's phone on the nightstand diverted her attention. When she looked up from her book, she realized how late it had gotten. Groaning, the green eyed girl rolled over on her side and retrieved her phone from the bed.

"They better not still be awake," Lauren commented, glancing over at Camila before leaning back against the headboard and opening to her messages. She tilted her head to the side when the notification didn't belong to Dinah or Normani.

[9:39 - My Girl] hi.

Quirking an eyebrow, Lauren glanced over to her wife, who had her eyes locked on her own phone. Laughing softly to herself, Lauren turned her attention back to the screen and quickly typed a reply.

[9:40 - Lolo] Hi?

Tossing her phone beside her, Lauren grabbed her book once more. She barely had a minute to read, though, because as soon as she turned back to the correct page, her phone vibrated again.

Peeking out over her book, Lauren raised an eyebrow at her wife, who refused to acknowledge her. Rolling her eyes, the green eyed girl picked up her phone once more.

[9:40 - My Girl] i love you

A small smile tugged at Lauren's lips and her eyes flickered to the small girl further down on the bed. Narrowing her eyes, she realized Camila's phone was open on the messenger app, waiting for her reply.

Closing her book and pushing it aside, Lauren laughed softly as she quickly typed back to her wife.

[9:42 - Lolo] You do?

Lauren had to fight back a smile when she heard the sound of Camila's thumbs tapping quickly against her screen.

[9:42 - My Girl] no

[9:42 - My Girl] i lied

The smaller girl stifled a laugh when she heard Lauren gasp dramatically from the other side of the bed, and quickly hurried to type another response.