You're 'The Help' | Li

this has abuse so... be warned yeah <3

Its been such a long time man

Just know "God never lets us go through anything more than we can handle."

-

Last night... was a rough one.

You'd gone home to a drunk Leeroy, and he wasn't a happy one.

Entering the house, you sighed as you heard the cheery sounds of your kids laughing and playing.

With you're new job you were home at 4, same time as the kids.

You smiled to yourself as you went straight to the kitchen, setting down some groceries and getting straight to cooking.

You got out the thawed chicken from the fridge and prepped it with the flour and spices, taking great pride in your bomb ass chicken.

You set it aside and got out some rice, measuring it out and placing it in the pot. You added last nights left over soup, tomato paste, spices and some frozen vegetables.

Placing that on the stove to cook, you turned to your chicken, bringing it over to the pan of hot oil.

Gently you dipped in a few pieces of chicken before leaving them to sizzle in the oil.

You proceeded to chop okra while moving in time to a jazz track the radio was playing.

Man was today a beautiful day out.

You hummed in good spirits, revelling in the good vibes surrounding you.

And soon... you were done.

You called out to your kids and the room became full.

"Where yo daddy?" You questioned as you all sat at your seats.

Your oldest whispered back to you sadly, "He said he going the place that makes him happy mama?" He told you confused.

"Where's that mommy?.." His twin sister pondered.

You sighed. "That's just a joke hunny. Here with you is when he's happiest." You told them reasurringly, adding a small smile.

"Hmmm" the twins chorused unconvinced.

Your youngest still couldn't hardly understand what was being said so she continued to smile in bliss ignorance.

You all fell into an uneasy silence after that, everyone digging into their meal.

...

Later that evening after helping the kids with they homework you all went upstairs to ready yourselves for bed.

With their baths done and teeth cleaned you put them all to sleep and retreated back downstairs to do some book keeping.

The clock struck 19 and you decided to call it a night, exiting the room and turning the lights all off.

You began to climb the stairs but quickly froze when you heard the screen door slam.
It was time...

The usual routine began now. You retreated, not wanting your kids to witness any trouble.

You went to greet Leeroy and get him fed but instead you received insult upon insult.

"Hi Leeroy." You guided him into the house and on the couch in the living room, before trying to slip upstairs unseen.

The door closed in your face, just as you were about to reach your escape.

"Where do you think you're going." He smirked menacingly.