The News

I walked into the living room where Aspyn was sitting, fiddling the piece of paper Sawyer gave her. I look her dead in the eye and simply state,

"You are not going to believe what just happened." She had and expression that was like confused with a pinch of fear.

"What happened?" She asked me, gesturing me to sit down. I couldn't sit down though; I just paced in front of her.

"I-I just." I couldn't form words from just how excited, embarrassed(from my fall), and in disbelief I was.

"Spit it out!" Aspyn said raising her voice a bit, she started to look a little concerned and also slightly annoyed.

"I just met Joe Sugg," I said, not believing that what just came out of my mouth was the complete truth. I repeated that sentence one more time, trying to fully wrap my head around what's going on.

"Yeah, right! Why would you think that's a funny joke? Cora, that's not funny, sure you're a good actress, but not good enough to lead me to believe that you met Joe Sugg!" Aspyn replied to me, sounding very upset. Why is she responding this way? I told her the truth.

"Aspyn! I'm telling you the truth! I promise!" I told her, trying to get her to believe me.

"I hate when people play jokes on me and you know that!" Aspyn said, filled with anger.

"I'm telling you the truth! Let me finish my story please!" I yelled at her.

"Fine! Finish your story of lies!" Aspyn said, still seething.

"Thank you! Except, I'm going to tell you a story that is all truth! Okay?" I ask her, making sure she's calmed down a bit.

"Okay," Aspyn replied, still not on board at the fact I met Joe.

"So, I was going to work this morning reading a book, when I ran into this couple and guess who it was," I say, waiting for Aspyn to guess.

"Who?" She asked, slightly intrigued.

"Zoe and Alfie! I ran into them! I continued to work when I saw the three guys again, but they were coming to the diner. I was like 'Yeah I'll finally see who these guys are.' And as they got closer, I could tell it was Joe, Caspar, and Oli! Zoe and Alfie were with them too. And Caspar said that he wanted to come back again tomorrow!" I finished my story, and I let out all my excitement.

"Really? You promise this isn't a joke?" Aspyn asked me suspiciously.

"Yes, I promise on my life! I would never lie to you about something like this or anything for that matter!" I told her. I could see her expression soften. Aspyn looked me in the eye, stood up from where she was sitting, and just started freaking out.

"Oh man! I wish I would've been at the diner then! Whenever I go, it seems like the only other customers are just old guys," Aspyn said, excitement spilling out of her.

"Haha, I know! I can't believe it!" I said, just as excited.

"Wait, you said they wanted to come tomorrow, right?" She asked me, with a suspicious gleam in her eyes.

"Yeah, I did," I stated.

"I'm going to the diner for lunch tomorrow!" Aspyn announced happily.

I ended the conversation and walked to my room. I grabbed my laptop and hopped on twitter. Joe posted about his trip to Minnesota, and how he's really enjoying it here. I scroll down on his twitter feed, and see that he posted a picture outside the diner! Joe took a picture outside of the diner that I work at! He must've taken lots of pictures at the diner, because there was another one of their lunch and a group selfie at the table where you can actually see me! Well, a little bit anyway; it's just my side, but it's me! I stared at the screen for a while, when I saw that Caspar tweeted about how friendly everyone here is... especially the people at the diner! I screamed, and Aspyn came running.

"What is it?" She looked extremely startled. I just point at the screen, and fall back on my pillow.

"I told you," I say to her, as I jokingly slap her arm. She just did a little happy dance, and danced her way out of my room.

I sat my computer on my nightstand and stared at it until my eyes started to feel heavy and I just fell asleep.