Visitor

Aspyn P.O.V.

Ever since Cora came back from work, she's seemed heartbroken. Cora won't tell me what's going on. It's unusual for her to keep things secret, especially something that has this much affect on her. I decided to try and talk to her.

"Cora? Can you open your door?" I ask, as I knocked on her door softly. I waited for an answer, when I heard loud sobs and sniffles.

"No!" She yelled, I could hear pain in her voice. I wish she would just let me know what happened, instead of taking all the ice cream from the freezer and sitting in her room watching Grey's Anatomy.

"Why not? I just want to talk," I say calmly, trying to convince her to unlock the door. Again, there was no answer, except for dramatic sobs every once in a while. Oh man, what do I do? I've never seen her like this. I decided to go sit in the living room. It was so quiet in our apartment, and then out of the blue, you could hear Cora start to wail again. I was running out of options and had know idea what to do until, I caught my eyes wandering over to a picture of Cora and a friend. Well, cousin, Cora and her cousin Britta are extremely close; even closer than her and I. After all this time, I finally got an idea. I grabbed my phone and rang Britta.

"Hey, Britta? You in town?"

"Yeah, I am. Is this my girl Aspyn?"

"Yeah, it's me. Now listen, I need you to come over... like now."

"Is everything okay? You sound a bit stressed out."

"Well, Cora is acting super sad, she locked her bedroom door and stole all the ice cream."

"Oh no, not the ice cream."

"Yes, the ice cream."

"This is more serious than I thought... I'll be there in ten minutes," Britta tells me quickly before hanging up. I waited for a little while, when I heard a knock on the door. I looked through the peephole in the door, and smiled as I saw Britta's happy face. I opened the door with a sigh of relief.

"Oh, Britta, thank you. Thank you so much."

"Of course. Now where is she?" Britta asked me, as I guided her to the ice cream thief's room. She knocked on the door softly, and gently spoke.

"Hey Cora, can you open the door?" There was no answer. After sitting by the door, waiting, Britta heard quiet footsteps, and the sound of the door knob.

"Britta!" Cora screamed, all the sadness melting away.

"Cora! Oh, I've missed you!" Britta says, hugging Cora very tight.

"What are you doing here?" Cora asked, still hugging Britta.

"Aspyn called me down, and I was in town for work anyways." Britta replies, breaking away from Cora. The two of them talked for a while, and caught up.

"So, Aspyn called me down because you seemed upset... and stole the ice cream."

"Oh, yeah. I don't really want to talk about it," Cora said, tears forming in her eyes.

"You don't have to, but I was thinking we could maybe go somewhere fun tomorrow, ya' know, to help get your mind off things," Britta said to Cora, with a gentle smile.

"Like where?" Cora asked with interest.

"I don't care, wherever you want to go," Britta says, as she glanced at Cora who had a suspicious gleam in her eyes.

"Mall of America?" Cora asked with a cheeky grin.

"Sounds good to me!" Britta replied with a smile.

"Well, what do you guys want to do right now?" I asked, grabbing a big bowl from the cupboard.

"Movies? Popcorn? Chai tea?" Cora asked, as Britta and I nodded with approval.

After several movies and lots of empty popcorn bags, we decided it was late and that we should all head to bed.