I Can't Do This

Britta P.O.V.

When I woke up that morning, I ran straight to the bathroom. I felt so incredibly sick, it was awful. I found myself sitting on the bathroom floor, crying because I didn't know how to care for a child, let alone all by myself! Cora passed the bathroom, and even in her sleepy state, she came over to comfort me. She knew something was really wrong.

"Oh my gosh! Brit, what's wrong? Are you sick? Do I need to call a doctor?" She asked me in a motherly tone.

"No, I'm ok, I just felt a little nauseous. That's all, you don't need to call anyone," I said, trying to get myself together. Cora gathered all my hair to one side, and held it there. True friendship. As much as I tried to contain my emotions, my pregnancy mood swings were too much to handle at the moment. I was a complete mess. Words were pretty much falling out of my mouth as I tried to speak. 

"Are you sure? You don't look well, Britta," Cora said to me, I began to cry. Through big, heaving sobs I managed to speak a real sentence.

"I.. I can't... do this!" I cried, Cora placed her hand on my back gently.

"Brit, you can't do what? What are you talking about?" She seemed really worried now, I just looked up at her with my tired, tear-stained face, and spoke weakly.

"Cora... I'm... I'm pregnant," Cora's jaw dropped, but I could tell she was trying to hide the fact that she was shocked. I didn't blame her though, I mean, heck, I was shocked. I dropped my head down again, and cried softly, well, softer.

"What? When? Where? Who? Britta, I'm confused," I looked up again, only to see extreme confusion, the initial shock seemed to leave Cora pretty quickly, now she just wanted answers to all her questions. 

"It's Caspar's baby..." I said, dropping my head into the palms of my hands. "Cora, you're not mad, are you? Oh gosh, please don't be mad! It was a stupid mistake! I can't believe I did it, Cora, I'm so-" 

"Stop. First of all, I'm not mad, second of all, I'm not your mother, so it's not my place to be mad. Look, everyone makes mistakes like this, you can't get mad at yourself. It was as much Caspar's mistake as it was yours," she may not be my mother, but she sure acted like it sometimes. 

"You're not mad?" I asked again.

"No. I'm not mad. Why would I? You're gonna have a little Britta or a little Caspy! Either way, the turn out will be fricken awesome!" She joked a little, soon, I felt her arms wrap around me tightly. "Besides, everything will turn out fine in the end. Hey, does Caspar know yet?" I turned my head away from her like a guilty child.

"No, he doesn't know," I said quietly. "Cora.. What if he hates it. What if he hates the fact that I'm pregnant," I started to worry, so my voice got louder.

"Brit, Caspar is not going to hate the fact that you're pregnant!"

"How do you know?"

"Well, I don't! But the only way to find out is to tell him."

"I don't know how! Cora what if he leaves me!" I said anxiously, Cora immediately stopped my worried thoughts.

"Britta! He would never leave you! He likes you way too much to ever break up with you," she said reassuringly. However, judging by me and Caspar's last interaction, I'm not quite sure how smoothly things will go over. "Seriously, he loves you a whole lot, and I think he would actually be happy to hear about the news!" Cora said, I looked up at her, a doubtful look in my eyes. "Go rest," she ordered, patting me on the back and leaving the bathroom.

Cora P.O.V.

I headed out of the bathroom, and headed to my room again to get dressed for work. Millions of thoughts flooded my brain after talking to Britta, however, Aspyn soon broke my train of thought by chanting, "No, no, no, no, no, no!" I quickly threw some clothes on, and ran out into the living room. Aspyn was darting around the room like a scared mouse.