Misunderstanding

Cora P.O.V.

I sat next to Aspyn, trying to comfort her, but to no avail. What do I do? She lived for Sawyer! I continued to rub her back. She asked me why these things always happen to her, and I didn't know how to respond to that.

"Aspyn, it'll be okay, I promise," I said to hear gently. Aspyn sat up straight, and looked me dead in the eyes.

"You know, maybe... I'm just... hard to love," Aspyn said, as she stood up, and started to walk away.

"Aspyn! No, no, no! I love you, Aspy," I said to her, she didn't turn around, but she stopped in her tracks.

"I know, but Sawyer doesn't, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I still love him. I love him a lot," she said, I couldn't see her face, but I knew she was crying. I could hear her voice tremble when she spoke.

"I know you do, I'm sure Sawyer still loves you, maybe it's all one big misunderstanding," I said, trying to look on the bright side.

"No, I know what I saw, and this is no misunderstanding," Aspyn said to me, as she turned around. Her eyes were filled with sadness, and her face stained with tears.

"What exactly did you see?" I asked her, walking closer to her.

"I-I can't," Aspyn said, she turned away from me. Aspyn walked quickly to her room, and closed the door.

"Asp, please open the door," I pleaded, quietly knocking on the door. There was no response. I looked at Britta with a what do I do look.

"I don't know what to do! You know her best, just go with what you think is best," Britta told me, turning around, and grabbing her phone off the table.

"I-I don't know what to do! Oh, Britta, this is awful. Do I talk to him? Do I confront the problem? What do I do?" I asked her helplessly.

"Listen, I don't know where they were in their relationship. Hey, Joe's his buddy, right? Maybe Joe knows something," Britta said to me, not glancing up from her phone. I didn't want to just rush over to Joe, and accuse him, but I felt as if I hit a brick wall. I had no where to turn. I slipped on my shoes, and grabbed my bag.

"Maybe, I'll head over now. Maybe try and get her out of her room?" I asked, walking over to Aspyn's room, and putting my ear to the door. I did not expect to hear this. Sawyer's voice, his videos. Aspyn was watching Sawyer's videos. I left the apartment, and headed to the hotel. The girls were still outside.

"Hey! You're back," Harley said to me, I was in a rush to get inside, so I kept the conversation small.

"Yeah, I'm back," I said, wanting to just get to Joe.

"Are you going to see Joe? Cause if you are, can you tell him about me?" She asked me with pleading eyes.

"Yeah, I can do that, but I need to go. I'll talk to you later Harley," I said, as I ran into the hotel lobby. I jumped on the elevator, and hit Joe's floor. I got off, and ran to his hotel room. I knocked on the door about fifty times. Oli answered the door. Of all the times he could've answered the door, it had to be right now?

"Hello Cora, you need something?" Oli asked me, as I stood in the doorway.

"Yeah, is Joe around, I need to talk to him," I said in a stern voice. Oli's face immediately went from uplifted to intimidated.

"Uh, no. I'm actually not sure where he is, Caspar! You know where Joe is?" Oli yelled, I was getting annoyed. I could feel my arms cross, and my foot tapping the floor.

"Joe's with Sawyer!" Caspar yelled back, I could feel my temper rising.

"I knew it," I said as I left the hotel, and headed for the hair salon. Once I reached the salon, I could see Joe and Sawyer talking.

"Cora, what are you doing here?" Sawyer asked me, as I walked over to them.

"I just needed to talk to you two," I said, as Joe walked to me to hug me.

"What do you need to talk about?" Joe asked, leaving one arm around my waist.

"Aspyn," I said quietly, so quiet it was almost a whisper.

"What's wrong with Aspyn?" Sawyer said, he sounded concerned. I started to wonder if Aspyn was just seeing things.

"Uh- um, I actually, she's," I stopped. For some reason, words were not coming out, and my mouth wasn't able to function.

"Go on, it's alright," Joe said to me comfortingly. I started to open my mouth, when a tall, blonde girl walked in the hair salon.

"Sawyer!" The girl exclaimed, running to Sawyer, and hugging him, lifting her feet in the air.

"Hannah! What are you doing here?" Sawyer said, sounding excited.

"I knew it, poor Aspyn!" I mumbled, apparently loud enough for Joe to hear.

"What do you mean, poor Aspyn?What's going on?" Joe said, looking me right in the eyes.

"How could he? What did Aspyn do to deserve this?" I stated angrily.

"What are you talking about?" Joe asked me with an extremely confused expression.

"Sawyer... He- he cheated on her!" I yelled, Joe grabbed my shoulder firmly.

"What?" Sawyer said, his face had utter confusion written all over.

"Don't play dumb! You know what you did! It's all her fault!" I exclaimed, gesturing at the girl.

"She's my cousin! What in the world made Aspyn think I was cheating on her? I would never!" Sawyer said to me, I could instantly feel my face get red hot.

"Sawyer, Hannah, I'm so sorry. I'll tell her right away. Oh, Joe I told this little girl Harley, I would tell you about her. Anyway, I have to go settle things!" I said running out of the salon. I got to the apartment, and I felt so relieved to be able to tell Aspyn the truth.

"Aspyn! Aspyn! It was all a misunderstanding!" I said, pounding on her bedroom door.

"I know what I saw Cora! This is no misunderstanding!" She yelled at me through the door.

"What did the girl look like?"

"Tall, blonde, beautiful."

"That's his cousin, Hannah!" I exclaimed. Aspyn crawled out of her room, and looked at me with puppy dog eyes.

"You sure?"

"One hundred percent."

"I trust you," she said to me, as she gave me a tight hug.

"I would do anything for you, and so would Sawyer," I say to her, squeezing her even tighter.

"Thank you Cora," Aspyn said with teary eyes.

"Of course," I said to her.

"You know, it's a good thing it was a misunderstanding, because who would you have gone to the dance with?" I said with a cheeky grin.

"Oh my gosh, that's coming up isn't it? I have to ask Sawyer, you could ask Joe! Oh, and Britta could ask Caspar!" She said excitedly, she broke the hug, and took a seat on the couch. Everything was back to normal.