Guess Who's Back

Joe P.O.V.

I grabbed the brass door knob firmly when Caspar firmly gripped my shoulder.

"What are you doing? Cora's fine, and right now it's best if you stay here," Caspar said, I slapped his hand off my shoulder, and looked at him sternly.

"I have to go. If it were Britta you would do the same thing! So why are you keeping me? I need to be with her!" I yelled, Caspar glanced back at Britta, who was sleeping on the couch. "I'll be at the hospital," I said, before turning the door knob, and leaving the apartment. I exhaled deeply when I entered the hallway. I walked out of the building, and onto the sidewalk. Almost immediately, I'm faced with three young girls flooding me with questions. I quickly explained that I couldn't talk, and left. I heard the sound of a camera shutter as I was walking away from the three. I walked a few blocks, when I ran into another problem. I stood just feet away from Gryphon. When she saw me, a sly grin grew on her face. She waved gingerly, as she approached me.

"Hi baby," she said annoyingly. I can't even stand the sound of her voice anymore.

"Gryphon, I can't talk, and I'm not your 'baby' please get out of my way," I said trying to keep my temper hidden away.

"Oh, don't play hard to get. Where are you going that's got you in such a rush?" She questioned, twisting her long, curly, blonde and blue hair around a finger.

"You don't need to know, I just need to go!" I urged, every time I tried to walk past her, she would block my way. "I can't play games right now!" I yelled, Gryphon pushed out her bottom lip, and put both her hands on her hips.

"What's wrong? You miss Cora? I honestly don't know what you see in her," Gryphon stated, she can say things about me all she wants, but when she starts insulting Cora, that's where the line is drawn.

"You don't know what I see in her? That's because you don't have any of it! You think you're all that, but all you have is money, and it isn't even yours! Just get out of my way, and my life!" I hissed, shoving her out of my path. Her face was shocked. I started to walk away when I heard her mumble something under her breath. I quickly turned around, and locked eyes with her. "If you're going to say something, say it to my face," I said, feeling my face turn red from anger.

"Nothing," Gryphon said, lifting her blonde brows. I was so fed up with this woman, I just wanted her to get out of my life! I shot her a nasty glare, to which she responded with a sly smile. "You're so cute when you're mad," she said, reaching out to touch my arm. I swiftly pulled away from her.

"I have to go," I said, turning around and walking away. I heard the sound of heels clicking along the sidewalk. I was apparently not clear that I wanted to end the conversation.

"Joe! Why are you leaving? To go see that insignificant person you call your girlfriend? You could do so much better! Cora is nothing! She doesn't really love you!" Gryphon hissed, seeming almost out of breath from the small distance she ran. I stopped in my tracks, and looked her dead in the eyes.

"Gryphon, go. I don't care where, I don't care how, just go. Cora is everything you wish you could be. She is not insignificant, you are. Cora is beautiful, and funny, and inspiring, the list goes on! If I were to stand here and tell you every good thing about Cora, let me tell you, we would be here a while. If I were to stand here and tell you every good thing about you, we'd get done a lot faster. So could you please let me go, and see my girlfriend!" I yelled. Gryphon couldn't say anything. I was about to leave when a large tear fell off her cheek. Oh, good goin' Joe, make the girl cry, I thought to myself.

"I-I didn't know you thought of me like that. I mean, I knew you didn't like me, but I didn't know to what extent," she said shakily. She glanced up from the ground, and looked at me with tear filled eyes. "I looked up to you so much! Not anymore though! I know how you treat your fans! I just wanted to be your friend, Joe! But no! I wasn't good enough for you! Just wait until this gets out, Joe! Just wait!" Gryphon hissed, before flipping her blue hair, and walking away. Her high heels clicking on the ground as she walked. I inhaled deeply, what did I just get myself into? I am in some deep water. I thought to myself. I inhaled a shaky breath, and walked on towards the hospital. Once I reached the big, glass, automatic doors, I felt a flood of relief come over me; I was almost there. I ran up to the receptionist, who was a woman in her thirties, with medium length brown hair, and glasses.

"Uh, excuse me ma'am, do you know what room Cora Foster is in? I need to see her!" I said urgently. The woman quickly held up a finger in order to keep me quiet, as she pointed the phone she was using. My face blushed brightly, and I made an apologetic face. I waited not so patiently for her to get off the phone, when she finally hung up she turned to me and spoke,

"I'm sorry for the wait, can I help you with something?" She asked, putting on a fake smile, and tilting her head slightly.

"Um, yes, do you know where Cora Foster is staying? I'm her boyfriend, and need to see her right away!" I said, placing my hands on the icy cold, marble counter the lady sat behind. The woman typed away on her computer for a little while, when she finally gave me permission to head up to the room Cora was in. I raced up to the little hospital room, when I got there I turned the door knob quickly. I saw Cora doodling on something, while she laid in her bed. "Cora!" I yelled excitedly, getting shushed by one of the nurses that passed by. Cora looked over quickly, and her eyes lit up like stars in pitch black darkness.

"Joe! You're here!" She exclaimed, "I wish I could get out of bed and hug you, but my legs aren't working!" She said, keeping a smile on her face. I rushed over to her bedside, and hugged her tightly. "I regret saying you shouldn't come. I missed you," she said, releasing me from our hug.

"I missed you too," I said softly, kissing her nose gently. A smile crawled on Cora's face, and I couldn't help but smile back.

"Did you walk here? Or get a ride? Or..." She asked, I inhaled deeply, and gave my answer.

"I walked, it was an interesting walk. I wish I had gotten a ride," I confessed, Cora running her fingers through my hair.

"What happened?" She asked, bringing her hand back to her side.

"Uh, a lot, a lot happened. It's a long story," I said, shaking my head, trying to think of ways to get out of talking about Gryphon.

"I've got time, I'm not going anywhere," she said with a grin.