Lies and Sadness

Aspyn P.O.V.

I took a deep breath in, contemplating whether or not to go talk to Dan and Phil. I looked at the white phone I held in my hand, and thought about Cora telling me to talk to them. I inhaled deeply, and closed my eyes. I started walking around the corner, and towards Dan and Phil. They were both giants compared to me. Phil must have heard me, because he looked back ever so slightly to see me standing there. I waved awkwardly, instantly regretting it. Phil happily waved back.

"Uh, h-hi," I stuttered nervously. Dan turned around, and I looked up to meet his dark brown eyes. He gave me a half  smile, and I practically died inside.

"Hello," Phil said sweetly. I could feel my whole body shaking, I was going to mess up everything.

"I-I, uh, I watch your videos," I stated awkwardly, wishing Cora was here to help me out a bit.

"Really? That's awesome! Thank you," Dan said gratefully, he started to approach me. He held his arms out, and I hugged him tightly. I could smell the fresh scent of a winter's night, woven into his cotton shirt. I was somehow able to hold a semi-normal conversation with them for a little while. I glanced over Phil's shoulder, and something caught my attention. I could see Sawyer, my boyfriend, walking with some random girl. He held her hand tightly, and swung it gently as they walked down the path. I quickly realized that the girl he was walking with, was the girl he told me was his cousin. My blood started to boil. Sawyer swooped the girl into his arms, and kissed her passionately. I couldn't think of anything I could do, I felt completely powerless. I had to think quickly. I looked at Dan, then Phil, then finally Sawyer. I repeated that one more time. I looked at Sawyer, and screamed.

"Hey Sawyer!" I yelled angrily, as I grabbed Dan by his shirt, and kissed him. Phil was just stood there, staring at us. Sawyer stared at me with rage filling his eyes. I don't know why he was so mad at me, when he was doing the same thing. I pulled away from Dan, still holding his black shirt tightly. I looked him in the eyes with horror. What have I done? I thought to myself full of regret. Dan just looked at me with a stunned expression, which is understandable. "I am so sorry, I, uh, I have to go," I said to Dan, as I turned around, and ran back to the corner I came from. I smashed Cora's contact number, and waited for her to pick up the phone. Every second felt like an eternity. Every ring felt never ending. Finally, Cora answered the phone. "Cora... I've made a mistake," I said painfully into the phone, as I breathed heavily.

"What did you do this time?" Cora asked me sarcastically.

"I-I, Cora, you will not believe me," I stated loudly, pacing back and forth on the side walk.

"Tell me," she said patiently.

"I, uh, I kind of... well I talked to Dan and Phil! That was fun," I said, regret filling my entire body.

"Cool, I believe you. Good job," she praised, I bit my lip.

"Also, I saw Sawyer, but he wasn't alone. He was with a girl, his cousin, to be exact. He then started kissing his cousin, which made me think that 'huh, maybe they aren't cousins!'  and so I yelled, and grabbed Dan, and kind of kissed him. Now I'm hiding behind a wall and I don't know what to do, Cora! Cora please help me!" I pleaded urgently. The line was silent. I could hear the slight sound of breathing on the other end, so I knew she was there.

"Oh," Cora said softly.

"Cora, please help," I pleaded, as the line went silent once more.

"I don't know how to help you, Aspyn! I can't leave. If I could, you know I would be there in a heartbeat," Cora said sympathetically. I stuck out my bottom lip, and whimpered quietly.

"Cora," I whined, when all of a sudden, Sawyer walked around the corner. "Sawyer.." I said slightly frightened.

"What the heck were you thinking?" He shouted at me. The girl he was with, stood behind him quietly. I felt like I was a thousand times smaller. He seemed to tower over me. His face was laced with anger and criticism.

"W-what do you think you were doing? Cheating on me!" I shouted, he tried to cover up his lie, but to no avail, because I had caught him in the act.

"She's my cousin! How many times do I have to tell you, you uncultured swine?" Sawyer hissed, my face flushed completely white, and red, hot tears filled my eyes.

"I-I..." I started, but was unable to finish without bursting into tears. I looked up and saw Dan run past the girl, and right up to Sawyer. He stared at Sawyer with menacing eyes. He stood right in between me and Sawyer.

"Wait a diddly darn second! what's wrong with you?" Dan questioned. Sawyer had a look of fear cross his face, but swiftly got rid of it.

"Nothings wrong with me. What's wrong with you? I was just going to run to the store with my cousin, and get back to Aspyn, but you kissed her!" Sawyer accused, stepping closer to Dan.

"Woah, woah, woah. Woah. I did not kiss her, she kissed me, but that's beside the point. You had no right to call her that," Dan stated defensively. I stood safely behind Dan, as he defended me.

"Call her what? An uncultured swine?" Sawyer asked with a devious glare in his eyes.

"Yeah, now you can stop," Dan said, I peered out from behind him. Sawyer locked eyes with me.

"She isn't your cousin, Sawyer. I saw you," I said softly, Sawyer was at a loss, he had no idea what to say.

"Yeah, you're right, she's my girlfriend, but you aren't," Sawyer hissed, as he grabbed the girl's hand, and walked away. I just got dumped. I got dumped with Dan right in front of me, and Phil watching from the side. I felt broken. I heard a female voice yell my name, but they weren't in the same area as me. I looked at the phone, still in my hand, and placed it to my ear.

"Hel-" I started to ask, but getting interrupted by Cora screaming my name instead.

"Aspyn!" She cried.

"What?" I yelled back, Cora quieted down, and started to speak.

"I'm so sorry, I heard everything," Cora said sympathetically. A small tear escaped, and trickled down my cheek. I felt stupid, starting to cry right in front of Dan and Phil.

"Yeah, well, now I don't have to think about him. I just have to think about the scar inside that won't go away," I confessed, feeling more tears roll down my cheeks and nose, one-by-one. I looked at Dan, and quickly wiped away my tears with the back of my hand, "I've got to go," I said to Cora, as I turned off my phone. Dan looked at me with an expression like he didn't know what to do. He quickly looked at Phil, and he came to his side. The two of them stood by me. They stood by me when my best friend couldn't, and my boyfriend wouldn't.

Living in a Dream - a Joe Sugg Fan-fictionजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें