So... That Happened

Aspyn P.O.V.

There were surprisingly, a lot of jump-scares in the movie, considering it had no words. I found myself clutching onto the black leather seat for safety. I glanced over at Dan, only to see that he was doing the same thing. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this giant of a man clinging to his seat for dear life during a silent movie. Dan caught my glance, and immediately blushed bright red. He sat up straight, and adjusted himself to make him look more relaxed. I raised an eyebrow, and smirked.

"It's okay, I didn't see anything, I've been watching the movie," I said with a wink, as I heard Dan let out a sigh. I was looking at the big wall, when Dan suddenly turned my face towards his. A confused expression grew on my face, but quickly melted away when I met his onyx stare. I was mesmerized by all the minuscule patterns in his eyes, so much so, that I was completely caught off guard when he pressed his lips against mine. This was only our first "scheduled" date, and I felt like I had known him forever. Maybe it's because I'd stalked him for practically all of my youth, or it could be that I'm totally, madly in love with this beautiful man. Kissing Dan was literally a dream come true for me. Dan broke away from me, and I began to frown. I didn't want this amazing night to end! I refuse! My eyes scanned his face, which to me, seemed to be carved from marble. "Um, Dan... I, um.. I like you... like.. a lot," I said, not looking away from him for a second.

"I like you a lot too, Asp," he said with a smile, before he kissed me once more. Soon, the projector for the movie turned off, and the wall became blank again. I instantly became heart-broken, knowing that once the movie was over, my time with Dan tonight would be over as well. We both stared at the wall for a few moments, until Dan broke the silence, "I guess the movie's done."

"It sure looks that way..." I answered, trailing off. I'm not entirely sure why, but we just stayed in that parking lot for hours, just talking. It was amazing. Next thing we know, it's 11:59pm. I intently stared at the clock, waiting for just the right moment, and BAM! "Midnight!" I screamed, just before I kissed him. Suddenly, someone knocked on Dan's window, scaring both of us half to death. Dan slowly rolled down his window to reveal a Minneapolis police officer standing there with his arms crossed. Dan's face went white, and I blushed deep red.

"What's your name, young man?" The officer asked in a stern voice.

"Uh, um, I'm Dan," he stuttered. The officer glanced at me, so I believed he wanted my name as well.

"I'm Aspyn..." I said somewhat shakily.

"What are you kids doing out so late? Don't you have school in the morning?" He questioned, bending down more so he could see our faces better.

"Um, officer, we're adults," I explained, trying to not come off as rude with my sometimes hard to control facial expressions. He raised an eyebrow at my answer.

"Alright, but it is past closing, so if you two could go find another place to make out that would be nice. Have a good night you two," the officer joked, he smiled as he walked back to his police car. Dan quickly rolled up the window, and looked over at me.

"Did that just?"

"Yeah..."

"Okay," Dan said, his voice trailing off. My face was still beet red.

"Let's go somewhere else," I suggested, buckling myself back in my seat. Dan stared at me blankly.

"Like... where?" He asked.

"Anywhere! I don't really care, if I'm being honest," I said. Dan simply nodded his head.

"What are you doing tomorrow?" He asked, the somewhat random question caught me a little by surprise. I frowned in thought.

"Hm, I don't know. I have work- Crap! I've got work tomorrow! I can't go to work tomorrow!" I exclaimed, I began to freak out. I haven't had to work with Sawyer since we've broken up. Our schedules just never overlapped. I know he's there tomorrow though!

"Whoa, whoa, whoa, calm down. You'll be fine, how about I take you out for lunch during your break?" Dan suggested, as he tried to comfort me a little bit.

"Yes! Lunch! Sounds great! I'll text you when my break is!' I said, still feeling worried about how tomorrows going to work out. Dan quickly leaned over, and pecked my lips. Just his touch made me melt like butter, "Thank you," I said quietly. He just smiled, and began to drive.

Soon enough, he pulled into the parking lot outside my apartment.

"This is the place, right?" He asked softly, as he placed the gear in park.

"This is it, my humble abode," I joked, as I unbuckled myself from the car, I opened the door to leave, but before I shut it, I said something, "Dan?" He looked up at me with a questioning expression, "Thanks again... I had a great time," he smiled at me.

"I did too."

Cora P.O.V.

I heard a faint knock on my bedroom door. I rubbed my sleep-filled eyes, and sat up in my bed. Someone pushed the door open just a crack, when I saw Aspny's head pop into my room. She flicked the light on without thinking, and walked over to my bed.

"Ow, ow! Off, off!" I demanded quickly, my eyes instantly shut from the blinding sun on my ceiling. Aspyn swiftly turned around, and shut the light off.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry! I forgot, you've probably been asleep for a while..." She apologized in a whisper tone. I squinted my eyes to look at her.

"When did you get back?" I asked, trying my best to hold back a yawn so I could finish my sentence.

"Just now. Dan dropped me off," she explained, placing herself on the end of my bed.

"That's nice, Aspy..." My voice trailed off. Aspyn kept hitting me to keep me awake.

"You need to hear what happened!" She insisted excitedly. I took a quick glance at the old fashioned clock sitting on my nightstand.

"Asp! It's two in the morning! Go to bed!" I declared, sounding motherly.

"I can't! I'm too happy, and I need to tell someone!" She exclaimed. I couldn't exactly see her face, but I knew for a fact that she was smiling ear-to-ear.

"Fine. What happened?" I asked sleepily. Aspyn then went on to tell me every last detail of what just happened. "A police officer?" 

"A police officer! Don't worry, I'm not in trouble," she said, before she continued on with the rest of her story.

"Wow, that was a pretty crazy night for a first date," I observed.

"Well, I mean...  yeah..." Aspyn admitted.

"Guess who showed up on my date," I hinted angrily.

"She didn't!" Aspyn predicted.

"She did," I affirmed her. I then went on to tell her what happened on my date with Joe, and Aspyn's mouth was agape the whole time.

"I can't believe that lowlife just showed up at our house! Doesn't Gryphon have any decency for peoples privacy?" She questioned angrily.

"Of course she doesn't, she's Gryphon," I informed Aspyn.

"That's ridiculous... Let's move."

"No."

"Yeah! It'll be fun! Also, Gryphon won't know where we live then!"

"Asp, we're not moving, we don't have money to move," I explained. Aspyn then proceeded to stick out her bottom lip, and pout like a child.

"You're no fun," I shot Aspyn a glare, and she stood up from my bed. 

"Go to bed, Aspyn," I said, lying back down, and pulling the covers over my body.

"Go to bed, Aspyn," she mimicked me,  I felt around on my nightstand for a pen I knew was laying there. I picked it up blindly, and tossed it at her without looking, "Dude! That almost hit me! It's like a whole three feet away!" She mocked me.

"Out!" I yelled through my pillow.

"Okay, okay, I'm leaving!" She began to leave my room, but before she shut the door, she whispered, "Night, Cora."

"Goodnight, Aspyn."