Familiar Faces

Cora P.O.V.

I could feel someone shaking my arm, I slowly opened my eyes to see Britta. I smiled at her and turned over.

"Come on, it's like 5:00 in the morning!" I complain, as I stuff my head in my pillow.

"Actually it's like, 10:00," Britta told me, as she started to shake me faster.

"Remember, we're going to the Mall of America today! You have to get up so we can get some quality shopping time in," Britta exclaimed, I just responded with a groan.

"Please?" She asked me, I looked up from my pillow, and saw Britta fluttering her lashes and pouting.

"Fine!" I complained, as I slipped out of bed. Britta danced around, and raced out of my room to the kitchen. I headed to the bathroom and got ready. Once I was done, I walked to the kitchen and just grabbed some toast.

"Ready? Oh, are we taking your car or mine?" Britta asked me, as she stuffed her lip gloss inside her purse.

"I don't really care, yours maybe?" I said to her, putting my shoes on.

"Okay," Britta said, as she opened the door, waiting for me because I have the key. We walked out to her car, and got inside. On the way to the Mall of America, we talked and blasted music. We also waved at random people in cars, Britta was about to throw a Whopper  candy  out the window, but I stopped her. We had lots of fun just on the drive, so I couldn't wait to get inside. We parked the car, and jumped out; Then, we raced to the skywalk...  Britta won.

"Yay! I'm so excited!" I say, feeling anticipation race through my body.

"I know! I can't wait!" Britta said excitedly, sadly Aspyn couldn't come with, because she had to work. We decided to wander around some of the bigger stores, until I thought we should get a treat.

Joe P.O.V.

The next morning, I forced myself out of bed. I knew Caspar would be as excited as a child to go to the Mall of America.

"Joe! You're up! Ready to go?" Caspar asked, completely ready to leave.

"Do I look ready?" I say sarcastically.

"Yes... You look great," Caspar says hesitantly. I rolled my eyes and walked into the bathroom. I got ready and quickly ate something, because Caspar wouldn't stop badgering me. I headed outside to call a cab, and Caspar and Oli followed behind me. We hailed a cab, and were on our way to the Mall.

"Are you guys excited?" Oli asked, breaking the silence.

"Yes! I wonder if they have good pizza," Caspar pondered his thought for quite a while.

"I bet they do Caspar," I say with a smile. When we got to the Mall, I thought I was going to have to get a lead for Caspar; he kept running ahead and losing Oli and me.

"Guys, keep up!" Caspar said excitedly.

"We are!" I say back. We looked around the large stores, and took a quick look at the amusement park. There's an amusement park inside the mall! After walking around we all got a bit tired, so I thought we should get a snack. We agreed on Cinnabon , I've heard lots of good things about this place.

Cora P.O.V.

I made my way to Cinnabon,  with Britta close behind me. I heard Britta singing a little tune, but instead of using the real words, she just said yum. We bought two giant cinnamon rolls, and sat down at a table. I was about halfway through my cinnamon roll, when Britta started freaking out.

"Oh my gosh! Cora, do you see who that is? Oh my gosh! Joe Sugg, can I get an autograph?" Britta cries out, holding her phone up to the one person I did not want to run into. Joe, Caspar, and Oli, made their way over to our table.

"Sure," Joe said, he grabbed Britta's phone and signed the case when he reached our table. I could see the pure joy in Britta's eyes. I kicked Britta's leg under the table to let her know how I felt. Britta had a confused look on her face, so I quickly tilted my head toward Joe. Her confusion disappeared, and I could see the apology in her eyes.

"There you go," Joe said, handing Britta her phone.

"Thanks," Britta replied, gazing at Joe. Joe looked up and him and I made eye contact. I could see sadness and regret fill his eyes.

"Um, hey Cora," Joe said to me, sounding a bit uncomfortable.

"Hey," I reply, wanting to stop existing right then and there.

"Hey what's your name?" Caspar asked, looking at Britta.

"Me? Um, I'm Britta," Britta says to Caspar, I could see her heart melt for him.

"Do you want to get coffee with Oli and me? Just right over there?" Caspar asks with an innocent smile.

"Yeah, sure!" Britta said, standing up and leaving me with the one person I wanted to forget about.

"How are you?" Joe asked me, trying to break the silence.

"Physically, I'm okay," I say, remembering the way I felt yesterday.

"Okay," Joe said awkwardly, I could see him racking his brain for things to say. He grabbed a chair and sat opposite me.

"Um, about the other day-" Joe tried to speak, but I cut him off.

"Uh, could we not talk about this?" I ask, feeling broken and annoyed.

"Well, yes. I was just trying to say that, that's not what I meant to say," Joe said seeming embarrassed.

"What do you mean?" I ask, I didn't want to engage in conversation, but I had no choice.

"I mean I messed up," Joe said, seeming like he didn't want to be here either.

"Okay..." How does someone just mess up like that? We sat in an awkward silence for what seemed like an eternity. Thankfully, Britta came back and rescued me.

"Let's go Brit," I say impatiently.

"So soon?" She asked me, she seemed to be having a good time, where as I just wanted to curl up in my bed and cry.

"Yes, I'm ready," I say, anxious to get out of this horror.

Joe P.O.V.

Once we reached cinnabon, a fan was asking for an autograph, so we walked over. It turns out, it was Cora and her friend. Oh no, this won't end well.

"There you go," I said, giving her phone back. Caspar decided to completely embarrass me, and take Cora's  friend Britta for coffee; leaving me with Cora.

"How are you?" I asked, trying to make this situation less awkward.

"Physically, I'm okay," she answered; her answer made me want to just give her a hug, but I knew that that would probably not be appropriate at this time.

"Okay," I said, trying not to be too awkward, but to no avail. We spoke for a little bit, and I tried to tell her what happened, but she wouldn't let me talk. After this long, awkward experience, the three of them finally came back.

"Let's go Brit," Cora said, it seemed like the only thing she wanted to do at this moment, was get away from me.

"So soon?" Britta asked, it looked like she wanted to stay.

"Yes, I'm ready," Cora said impatiently. Please don't go, I have so much left to say to you.  I thought to myself hopelessly. Cora and Britta quickly left, and I just dropped my head on the table.

"No, no, no! Why?" I complain to Caspar and Oli.

"Aw, buddy I'm sorry." Caspar said, trying to comfort me.

"I just wanna go home!" I raise my voice, and get up to leave. Caspar and Oli followed me, and we went back to the hotel.