Make The Most of It

Aspyn P.O.V.

I puffed out my chest and inhaled deeply. I felt as if I had just let go of some really, really heavy baggage. Cora released me from her tight hug.

"That took a lot of guts to stand up like that," Cora stated in an impressed tone. I didn't say anything in response. I just smiled softly. "Aspyn?"

"Yes?" I replied, dragging out the "s".

"Have you been able to talk to Dan at all recently?" She questioned, furrowing her brows slightly.

"N-no, I haven't," I said, finding myself looking at the floor.

"Why not? You like him don't you?" She inquired. I bit my lip, and glanced up to meet Cora's shiny, brown eyes.

"Yeah, I do. I just, I don't have his number..." I explained.

"Oh, well, that would be a problem now wouldn't it?"

"Yeah, kind of important," I added, I felt somewhat out of place in my own home. Cora had Joe, Britta had Caspar, and my man just threw roses at me and slammed my door.

"Hey, you know, I've got Dan's number," Joe piped in. My eyes lit up with enthusiasm.

"Really!?" I begged hopefully. Joe pulled his phone out of his pocket, and opened up his contacts.

"Yeah, I do. Right here," he said, showing us his phone. I was ecstatic! I could not believe my luck. I wrapped my arms around Joe's neck.

"Oh, thank you, thank you, thank you!" I rejoiced. Everyone laughed at my sudden burst of energy.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. I never said I was going to give you his number," Joe teased, I glared at him deviously.

"Give me that number," I demanded, looking him up and down.

"Okay, okay, I don't want to have to fight you. Here it is," he played, handing me his phone, so I could copy the number into my own. An inhumane squeal came out of my mouth once I finished putting his number into my phone. I pressed my smart-phone up against my chest, and sighed gleefully.

"Thank you so much, Joe. Seriously, this means a lot," I stated sincerely.

"No problem," he responded sweetly. I glanced over at Cora, and she seemed a little too quiet.

"Cora? Is something wrong?" I asked, leaning my head slightly. She seemed as if she was snapped out of a gaze at that moment.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine," she replied with a smile.

Cora P.O.V.

I was in my own world, what Aspyn said about nothing lasts forever was playing like a broken record in my brain. I kept thinking about all the other things that won't last forever. The main one on my mind was Joe. When Aspyn started to speak to me, I was completely unfocused on what she was saying.

"Huh? Oh yeah, I'm fine," I responded, putting on a fake smile. Aspyn just went back to her phone. My eyes wandered towards Joe, and I could feel pain in my chest just thinking about him not being here with me. Joe caught my gaze, and frowned, as if to ask if I was alright. My eyes grew glossy.

"Hey Cora, can I talk to you?" He asked pulling me aside into my room. "What's wrong? You looked like you were about to cry out there," Joe remarked, placing his cool hand on my shoulder. I could no longer hold back my tears. He pulled me into his chest, and wrapped his muscular arms around my back. "Please tell me what's going on," he begged. I glanced up from his now wet t-shirt. My feelings of pain became even stronger when I met his stunning, cerulean eyes.

"Joe, please don't ever leave me," I begged him, returning my face to the wet spot on his shirt.

"Why would you think I would leave you?" He asked, seeming utterly confused.

"I was just thinking about what Aspyn said, you know, nothing lasts forever. It reminded me of you, because you live in London, and you'll have to go back sometime," I said through sniffles. He hugged me tighter than he ever has before. The room was silent, except for my occasional sobs. All of a sudden, a soft knock emitted from my door. I broke away from Joe's tight grasp reluctantly. The door opened just a crack, and Britta's face peeked in.

"Is everything okay in here?" She wondered. She then caught sight of my tear stained face. Britta gasped loudly, "Sorry, that was louder than I meant. Oh my gosh, what's wrong?" Britta asked full of concern. She rushed to my side, Aspyn and Caspar then gathered at the door, after hearing Britta's thunderous gasp.

"Nothing's wrong," I explain with a loud sigh. Caspar placed his large hand on Britta's shoulder.

"Why were you crying?" Aspyn asked nervously.

"It was nothing, okay? I'm fine," I replied painfully, sticking a flimsy smile on my face. Aspyn's eyes were filled with doubt. She crossed her arms, and stared at me.

"Look, I know you, and you are not acting like you. So please tell me what happened to you," she ordered softly, getting right up in my face.

"I was just thinking about how Joe will eventually have to leave Minnesota. It just, the thought kind of hit me hard," my voice was brittle. Aspyn had a look of sympathy cross her face.

"Oh. But Cora, he's here right now, and you just have to enjoy the time that you are with him," Britta spoke gently, placing her hand over Caspar's that was resting on her shoulder. "Trust me, I understand the feeling," her line of sight drifted up to Caspar's face, then returned back to me.

"Britta, I know! But, he won't be here forever!' I shouted feeling powerless.

"Just calm down!" Britta ordered. I instantly felt my energy drain. A loud sigh left my mouth.

"Okay, I'll be calm," I agreed reluctantly.

"Great! But seriously Cora, just enjoy the time you have with Joe right now. You'll always be able to call, or text, or even video chat, but right now, you have him here in person. If I were you, I would take serious advantage of that," she said in a motherly tone. I turned around to Joe.

"Come on, let's make the most of this."