Surprises Good and Bad

Aspyn P.O.V.

I woke up that morning to the continuous beeping of my alarm clock. I did not want to get up, but then I remembered where I was going for lunch, and I shot right out of bed. I quick threw some clothes on and did my makeup. I had work today, so I just had a quick breakfast, like coffee and toast. While I was finishing my small, but tasty breakfast, I saw Cora come out of her room all ready for the day.

"Hey Cora," I said to her, Cora seemed so happy this morning.

"Hey Aspyn. I can't wait to go to work! Oh my gosh can you believe they wanted to come back? That's insane!" Cora responded to me, excitement coming out her ears.

"I know! That's crazy I can't believe it either! But ya' know, speaking of work, I should probably get going. See you at lunch!" I said to her, as I grabbed my shoes and left the apartment.

When I got to work I could see Sawyer was already there. I went inside, and he walked over to me.

"Hey Sawyer! How are you?" I asked, feeling privileged just to be able to look at his flawless face.

"Hey, yeah I'm good. How about you?" He asked me. I could barely focus on what he said, because I was distracted by just how incredibly perfect he is.

"Uh, me? Oh yeah, I'm good. I am good," I told him, and he let out a small laugh, which I followed with a giggle.

"So, I was wondering, if you wanted to get lunch sometime?" He asked me. He caught me off guard; I never thought he would ask! I gather my thoughts, and quickly say,

"Yes!" Short and sweet. He flashed his stunning smile.

"Okay then. Do you have a date that would work?" He asked me, grabbing his phone from his back pocket.

"Would today be okay? I was planning on going to the diner that Cora works at for lunch," I said sheepishly, hoping that would be okay with him.

"Yeah, I think that would be fine."

"So it's a date?" I ask suspiciously.

"Yes, Aspyn. It's a date," He said to me, and I had a smile permanently glued to my face from then on.

Cora P.O.V.

I went to work, and could barely contain my excitement. I looked at the clock, and it said 11:12am. They'll be coming soon... I hope. Throughout the day, I found myself constantly checking the time. It's only been about ten minutes, but it feels like three hours.

"You doing okay hon? You look a little worked up," Martha asked me; she sounded slightly concerned.

"No, no I'm fine, just waiting for someone. You know the people who came yesterday?" I ask her, trying to explain.

"Yes, the idols," She tells me, and smiles.

"Uh, yeah. The 'idols'. Well, I overheard them saying they wanted to come back! So I'm just anxious about that. Oh, and also Aspyn's coming for lunch," I told Martha. I looked out the window for what seems the hundredth time, still nothing.

I looked at the clock, it was already noon. When will they be here? I shot a quick glance out the window, and saw Aspyn with someone much taller than her. Aspyn was walking to the diner with a guy, and I think I know who.

Aspyn got close enough to the diner to see in the windows, she waved at me excitedly, and ran inside leaving the guy behind. She gave me a big hug, then gestured at the man to come inside. He walked in, and gave me a sweet smile.

"Hi Sawyer. How are you?" I ask him, wondering how Aspyn convinced him to join her.

"I'm good and you?" He asked me, he was pretty cute I can see why Aspyn would like him.