Don't Be Afraid

Aspyn P.O.V.

"Hello," I managed to say, while butterflies frolicked around in my stomach. My heart fluttered just by looking at him. Dan stood up, and walked over to me.

"Hi," Dan replied softly. I instantly felt my heart beat faster, my face go red, my palms get sweaty, and my legs start to shake. And it was the best feeling in the whole world.

"Thank you for, you know, inviting me to come be with you," I stated awkwardly. Dan chuckled in response.

"No problem. Hey, do you want to go sit down?" He asked, gesturing at the bench he was sitting at just a few minutes ago.

"Oh, right, sure," I said, glancing over at the bench. As we walked over to the bench, I held my wrist tightly. It still hurt quite a bit from Sawyer. Dan looked down, and noticed it.

"You okay?" He asked kindly.

"Uh, y-yeah, I'm okay," I lied, as I quickly let go of my wrist. Dan just replied with a cute smile, like he does. We both sat down, and talked for a while. He was so nice, and really funny, and just all around adorable.

"So, um, where do you work? Or, what do you do?" He asked, placing his elbow on the table, and leaning on it.

"I work at a hair salon... I wish I didn't" I uttered, whispering the last part, and dreading the next time I'd have to go in to work.

"Oh, really? That's cool, you like it there?" Dan questioned.

"I did, but not so much anymore," I confessed, letting out a sigh.

"Why not?"

"Crappy co-workers, lots of drama and stuff," I answered.

"Oh, that sucks," he said with empathy in his voice.

"Yeah, it does... Could we change the subject?" I asked, regaining eye contact with him. My ice blue eyes, met his dark chestnut eyes.

"Okay, sure," Dan said with a sly grin, "Why did you kiss me?" My eyes opened wide, and I breathed heavily as I relived the memory.

"Uh, yeah, um, about that. Um, y-you met Sawyer, right?" I asked, hoping desperately Dan would shake his head and say no, but he did the opposite. He nodded.

"Yeah, I know him," he said, seeming still very interested in my story. Of course he knows him, just my luck.

"Well, he is-was, was my boyfriend at the time, and I just saw him, um, I saw him cheating on me, right there. He just started kissing this girl, and I guess I might have done it... to make him jealous," I confessed, instantly feeling my cheeks burn from embarrassment. Dan was silent. "I mean, it was a good kiss," I whispered. Dan's eyes shot up to meet mine. A small smirk emerged on his face, which revealed his gorgeous dimples.

"Was it now?" He asked me, raising an eyebrow. My eyes opened wide from shock. Dan just laughed, which made me crack a smile.

"Y-yeah, yeah it was," I admitted again with a giggle. Suddenly, Dan leaned over, and pressed his soft, pink lips against my own. My body was overtaken with surprise. He then broke away.

"Was that one good as well?" He asked me with a grin, in his pristine British accent.

"Why, yes it was," I announced with a small smile. "So, uh, what now? I mean, were you just planning on kissing me all night? Or were we going to go somewhere?" I asked jokingly. Dan bit his lip, and smiled.

"Well, I mean, I do have a little something planned, but we can stay here for as long as you would like," he declared.

"Oh, tell me! I want to know!" I urged him, hoping he would tell me where we would be going, but he didn't.