With Love Comes Great Sadness

Cora P.O.V.

The dance was coming up really soon. I can't wait to go to the 25th annual Sock-hop dance.

"Aspyn! When are you going to ask Sawyer?" I asked, jumping on the couch, and looking at her eagerly.

"I don't know. I have to do it soon though, it's like this weekend," she said to me, Aspyn looked stressed out. She has had a lot going on, with work, the whole episode with Sawyer, she's just been really busy lately.

"I know, it's coming up so fast! I have to ask Joe... I was thinking about doing it today," I said, standing up, and grabbing a glass of water.

"Aw, you have to do something like super cute!" Aspyn said to me, I could practically see her heart melt.

"We have to convince Britta to ask Caspar. We would be ultimate squad goals! Oh my gosh! Zoe and Alfie could go too! Ah! I'm so excited! This is going to be the best dance yet!" I exclaimed, spilling some water from my sudden burst of excitement. I grabbed a paper towel, and cleaned up my spill.

"You say my name?" Britta asked with a grin, walking in mid conversation.

"Ask Caspar to the 25th annual Sock-hop dance please! Please, please, please! I'm going to ask Joe, and Aspy's gonna ask Sawyer! I'm so flippin' excited!" I screamed, flailing my arms in the air.

"What dance?" Britta asked me, I stared at her with this blank expression.

"How on earth are we related, if you don't even know what the dance is? Brit! It's my favorite day ever!" I told her, taking a seat. I was so anxious, my feet wouldn't stop moving, and  my hands were shaking from excitement.

"Where is it at?" She asked me, still seeming confused.

"At Whisper Hill! One of the reasons that's one of my favorite places," I said, checking my phone.

"Alright, I'm in," Britta said with a smirk.

"Hey, I think I'm going to see Joe, maybe pop the question. Not the question, but the dance question... You know what I mean!" I said with a giggle, slipping on my shoes, and waltzing out the door.

"Okay, have fun," Aspyn said before I closed the door. I got to the hotel, and was so anxious to go see him. I danced my way down the hall to his door. I knocked a few times, when Caspar answered.

"Is Joe here?" I said pleasantly. I felt as if I was on cloud nine. I was so happy!

"Uh, yeah. Joe! Cora's here! She wants to see you!" Caspar yelled across the room. I stood in the doorway, happily rocking back and forth, from the balls of my feet to my heels.

"I'm coming!" Joe yelled, as I saw him running to the door. He pushed Caspar away to get to me. He squeezed me so tight, I wasn't sure if I could breathe or not. I'm alive though.

"Cora! Oh, I'm so happy to see you!" Joe said to me, releasing me from the constricting hug.

"I'm so happy to see you too! I need to talk to you about something," I said excitedly.

"Oh, come in!" Joe said, taking my hand, and guiding me in. I followed him to the couch, where we both sat down. He looked at me through piercing blue eyes. I stared back at him, and spoke.

"So, I was wondering," I paused.

"Yeah? Go on, I'm listening," he said to me, flashing me a sweet smile. 

"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to go to this dance with me? It's the 25th annual Sock-hop dance. I go every year, and wanted to know if you would join me?" I said looking down at my lap; I looked up when I finished, and looked at him through puppy dog eyes.

"A dance? Whereabouts?" He asked me, he had a slightly puzzled expression. I couldn't help but smile, just looking at his confusion.

"It's actually at Whisper Hill," I say, tilting my head slightly towards him.

"Really? When is it?" He asked me with a worried expression.

"Saturday.. why?" I asked, starting to worry.

"Okay, good. I will go to the dance with you," he said smiling. I couldn't help, but worry about the way he reacted.

"Why were you so worried? Is something wrong?" I asked, my mind immediately heading for the worst.

"Well, Cora... I do live in London.. I'm not going to be able to stay here forever. As much as I wish I could, I just can't," Joe said, I could see tears welling in his eyes, but he held them back. I however, could not hold back my emotions. I felt one tear after the other fall onto my lap. Joe pulled me into his chest, and held me there. I felt a single drop hit my back. I looked up at him, and he could no longer hold in the sadness. His eyes were glossy, and filled with heartache. I assume mine looked the same.

"It's okay though, I still get to go to the dance with a beautiful lady. I have had so much fun here. You know what Cora?" He asked me, I looked at him, and shook my head.

"If someone were to ask me, what my highlight of this trip was. I would say it was meeting you," Joe said to me, with a half smile, and a sniffle. I smiled at him, and hugged him tight. I never wanted to let go of him, I wanted him to stay by my side forever.